Subject: Re: Things every new driver should know

From: [email-masked] (Alexander M. Bilan)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 95 17:43:14

On Fri 23-Jun-1995  4:47p, BobJcumbia wrote:

B> 2. Driving isn't fun. It requires concentration. If you're driving and
B> enjoying yourself, you're doing something wrong. (Sorry, this is even less
B> humorous)

Reasonable tenets. HOWEVER; =) (always one in the group eh?) I disagree with
number 2.  It IS fun. The fun is in the concentration and keeping to the best
of your abilities while trying not to learn bad habits.  But it IS fun. I
enjoy driving.  

B> 3. I can't remember the third... sorry. (This one was the really funny
B> one.)

Think Man Think!!  If your son had to recite these on call... Its your turn
now. =)

B> intersection and wait for your opening to turn. This allows cars behind
B> you to get into the intersection and make the light with you. New York
B> City drivers who have been allowed to live all know this. Suburban
B> Connecticut drivers often have need of this tactic but have not learned
B> it. I guess it's a pretty useless strategy in northern Maine. 

It is illegal here in Ontario for more than one vehicle (turning in the same
direction) to be in the intersection.  Something to do with those vehicles
equipped with sirens and those blinkey lights on top. 
 
Mr.V-8
  //  The opinions expressed above are strictly the opinions of my fingers
\X/   and may not reflect the opinions of the other apendages.