Subject: Re: Yesterday's accident in LA

From: [email-masked] (Dale 'Speedy' Maurice)
Date: 30 Jun 1995 09:44:08 -0400

Oliver Arnd Markwirth ([email-masked]) wrote:
> Any more icky stuff outta there?

Well my father owns a junkyard so over the years I've gotten to see
the remains of quite a few objects previously known as automobiles.

But, one sticks in my mind as being the worst.  About 15 years ago
a Honda Civic hit a toll island going down I-44 here in Virginia Beach.
Police figure it was going about 80mph and never hit the brakes,
there were no skid marks.  I remember looking at the remains, the
car literally broke up on impact into about 4 or 5 major peices.
It certainly didn't look much like a car anymore.  It was just a
few crumpled yellow peices of steel.  Bloodstains, torn clothing,
and a few shoes were in what was left of the interior.  There 
were 4 occupants, all killed on impact of course.

dale

--
_____________________________________________________________________________
Dale Maurice            UNIX(tm) Systems Manager, Competitive Media Reporting
Virginia Beach, VA      [email-masked], [email-masked]

"Time is just one damn thing after another.."
_____________________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (JamesW8898)
Date: 30 Jun 1995 01:40:09 -0400

Hey guys

   Why are we driving at 85, 95 or 100 mph on the street anyways? Sure I
used to do it and got away with it when I was a kid but it just doesn't
make sence to do it. Yes my 84 Camaro will easily exceed the speed limit,
and yes I can drive it safely at those speeds. But every time I am out in
traffic all I need to do is look over at the car next to me to be reminded
that none of the other people out here know how to drive. (Including the
driver of the TA last weekend) Woman (and men) combing hair, putting on
make-up. Men (and women) talking on phones, eating, reading books. People
get lost and STOP in the middle of the street, put on their right turn
signal then turn left....................... No body is paying attention
anymore.

      Drive safe.......
        Keep the high speeds for the track.

        Flame me if you want, but I know I am right
               James