Subject: Right to travel 3/7

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 95 21:46:23 -0700

[ ...Continued From Previous Message ]

     4 Sup.Ct.Rep. 152; Wiley v. Sinkler, 179 U.S. 58, 45 L.ed. 84, 21
     Sup.Ct. Rep. 17); the right to be protected against violence while in
     the lawful custody of a United States marshall (Logan v. United
     States, 144 U.S. 263, 36 L.ed. 429, 12 Sup.Ct. Rep. 617); and the
     right to inform the United States authorities of violation of its laws
     (Re Quark, 158 U.S. 532, 39 L.ed. 1080, 15 Sup.Ct.Rep. 959).
        Twining v. New Jersey, 211 US 78 (1908)

     As discussed in the last article, Sovereign Citizens created
government to guarantee them their rights.  In contrast, it would seem from
the above that the federal government created fourteenth amendment
citizenship to guarantee its power.
     As a side note, this amendment has always been controversial.  Many
people over the years have questioned the amount of power it vests in the
federal government.  Some have even questioned its validity.  On one
occasion Judge Ellett of the Utah supreme court remarked:

          I cannot believe that any court, in full possession of its
     faculties, could honestly hold that the amendment was properly
     approved and adopted.
          State v. Phillips, Pacific Reporter, 2nd Series, Vol. 540, Page
     941, 942 (1975)

     However, the most important fact about this amendment is that,
although it created a new class of citizen, it did not  have any effect on
Sovereign Citizens.  Both classes still exist:

          When the Constitution was adopted the people of the United States
     were the citizens of the several States for whom and for whose
     posterity the government was established.  Each of them was a citizen
     of the United States at the adoption of the Constitution, and all free
     persons thereafter born within one of the several States became by
     birth citizens of the State and of the United States.  (Mr. Calhoun in
     his published work upon the Constitution denied that there was any
     citizenship of the United States in any other sense than as being
     connected with the government through the States.)

          The first attempt by Congress to define citizenship was in 1866
     in the passage of the Civil Rights Act (Revised Statutes section 1992,
     8 United States Code Annotated section 1).  The act provided that:

          "All persons born in the United States and not subject to any
     foreign power are declared to be citizens of the United States."

          And this in turn was followed in 1868 by the adoption of the
     Fourteenth Amendment, United States Code Annotated Amendment 14,
     declaring:

          "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and
     subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States
     and of the State wherein they reside."
          Perkins v. Elg, Federal Reporter, 2nd Series, Vol. 99, Page 410
     (1938), affirmed by supreme court at 307 US 325 (1939)

     Both classes of citizen still exist.  It's your right to be a
Sovereign Citizen, while it's a privilege to be a fourteenth amendment
citizen, and most importantly, it's up to you to determine which one you
are, and which one you want to be.

ARTICLE 3: IRS Taxes

     In this article we'll examine what are commonly called IRS taxes.
     Most people in America today feel that the federal system of taxation
isn't working very well, from the collection techniques to how tax dollars
are spent, and even the president and many memebers of congress admit that
many items in the budget are there just to please various special-interest
groups.  It's also universally admitted that, despite the high levels of
taxation, both the deficit and the national debt and growing at an ever-
increasing rate.
     To reduce this problem, President Ronald Reagan created a commission
to study government waste entitled: The President's Private-Sector Survey
On Cost Control, popularly known as the "Grace Commission," named after its
chairman, J. Peter Grace.
     In his opening letter to the president in volume one of the report,
Chairman Grace revealed that "...all individual income tax revenues are
gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from
their Government."
     This comes as a great shock to many, but the truth of the matter is
that IRS taxes as we known them today were never intended to pay for any
government services.
     The concept of the withholding tax was invented during the World War
II-era by Beardsley Ruml, who at the time was the chairman of the Federal
Reserve Bank of New York.
     To explain the new tax, and its purposes, Chairman Ruml wrote an
article which appeared in the January 1946 issue of "American Affairs." 
Appropriately enough, the article was entitled, "Taxes For Revenue Are
Obsolete."
     In summarizing the points of his article, the editors of "American
Affairs" wrote, "...a sovereign national government is finally free of
money worries and need no longer levy taxes for the purpose of providing
itself with revenue."  Chairman Ruml himself does admit though that "...a
century and a half ago, the national government required revenues in order
to pay its bills."
   [ Continued In Next Message... ]