Subject: Re: Driving as a right

From: [email-masked] (KennyStar)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 01:43:54 -0400

Jerry......

I need not cite any legal document that driving is NOT a right other
than 50...count em...50 Vehicle Code books (one for each state of the
union) that are empowered by Supreme Court decisions (some of the cases
were backed by the NMA) which challenged driving as a priviledge.  When
did it change from a right to a priviledge.....NEVER.  Driving laws, when
first enacted in the teens and 20's, were NOT considered rights. 
California Vehicle Code is a direct outgowth of farming/commerce laws.

This has been challenged to the highest level a citizen can challenge this
in our society, and lost....therefore, I commend you to any Vehicle Code
book of your choosing to find the language and authority for driving as a
priviledge.  Not MY
job to Shepardize.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 31 Jul 1995 07:20:12 -0700

Driving is not a "RIGHT" because a "RIGHT" is exercised at all
times. The making it a privilege the state has the right to "REGULATE"
it. This has some very valid reasons. Driving skills,physical and mental
capabilities. The state(s) have taken off and made it a money making 
scam not envisioned by our forefathers.

    But not to cry. We have not seen the worst case happen and I pray
we never do. The phoney 55 mph speed on the freeway was put there by
the states to apease the federal government. It has not been enforced,
but it can be. Now that the "WHITE COLLAR CROOKS" have stolen trillions of
dollars there is the "SUPER RICH" and the "POOR PEOPLE".

    After they take the peoples guns, They raise the traffic fines 500%
and enforce the 55. Then they open the borders and force wages down
to $5 an hour with wet back labor.

Floyd