Subject: Who to talk to at CalTrans about lane markings

From: [email-masked] (Panos Tsirigotis)
Date: 28 Jul 1995 05:58:11 GMT

I have noticed that the lane markings on 85N at the location of
the on-ramp from 237N to 85N in Mountain View have recently
changed. The right lane of 85N now becomes an exit lane
for the Evelyn exit (before the change, the right lane would merge
with the center lane, after the El Camino exit).

Unfortunately, people stay on that lane even when they don't plan to
exit, making it very dangerous for the cars using the 237N->85N on-ramp
to merge with traffic on 85N (the on-ramp has practically zero merging
distance with the exit lane).

So, I was wondering who I should write to about this; I would
appreciate suggestions (I think what I need is a CalTrans address;
is there a department in CalTrans that handles this ?).

Panos

-- 
Panos Tsirigotis
Email: [email-masked]

Standard disclaimer: I am speaking only for myself, and not for Sun.