Subject: Re: Video speed traps a h

From: [email-masked] (Mark Larry)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 1995 00:34:00 GMT

BS>From: [email-masked] (Brian Scearce)
BS>Subject: Re: Video speed traps a hoax

BS>[email-masked] (snopes) writes:
BS>>   "Veterans know there is a lot of noise on the Net. But a newcomer
BS>>will say, 'It's on my screen, it must be true.' It's amazing what people
BS>>will believe," Kantor said.

BS>A magazine editor should know.

BS>And since nobody has yet posted the story/joke that goes along with
BS>this...

BS>A guy is photographed by a speed camera.  As is their custom, the
BS>police send a copy of the picture to the car's owner, along with
BS>a notification of the fine.

BS>The guy sends back a picture of himself writing a check.

BS>The police send back a picture of a pair of handcuffs.

 The version i read is as follows

 A guy is photographed by a photo radar. The police sends this guy a
 copy of the picture and a ticket.

 The guy sends a picture of money to cover the fine.

 The police sends a picture of jail cell with the door open and some big
 guy with the word "buba" tattoed on his arm sitting in the cell :)

 Mark Larry

 * OLX 2.2 * Drive A: format failure, formatting C: instead...