Subject: Re: Horror story regarding speeding tkt

From: [email-masked] (Adam Felson)
Date: 15 Aug 1995 17:01:59 GMT

Alexander M. Bilan ([email-masked]) wrote:
: On Mon 14-Aug-1995  7:37p, Adam Felson wrote:

: AF> Always ID the vehicles in front and behind you!  You should have been 
: AF> able to tell it was a cop car by its model.  Ford Crown Vics, etc. are 
: AF> rarely driven agressively unless by a cop.

: Or, those who have bought ex-cruisers.  There was a guy in highschool who
: bought an ex-cruiser and used it to play mind games with people not paying
: attention to what was going on behind them before he got there.  
Not much you can do here.  If I can't ID a vehicle, I'll let it catch up 
and start to pass me.  If its not a cop, I'll resume my previous speed.

: However, these days of multi-brand police fleets, and hidden lights, the cars
: are increasingly difficult to pick out of the crowd as early as the days of
: big lights on the roof.  I know I cursed when this city went to the roof
: hugger lights.  And now, they've just introduced the no roof light variety of
: car, just a few lights behind the grille, and one on the dash.  
Behavior is the key.  If the vehicle zips up at 110 mph from nowhere, 
and never signals, then it is probably a cop.

It also helps to drive in a fashion that even if you are caught off guard 
will not get a cop pissed off at you.  Always signal.  Don't be the 
fastest car on the road.  Don't drive more than 15mph faster than the 
cars you are passing; slow down a bit while passing and resume speed when 
there are no cars around to compare your speed against.

---

From: [email-masked] (Alexander M. Bilan)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 12:01:00

On Mon 14-Aug-1995  7:37p, Adam Felson wrote:

AF> Always ID the vehicles in front and behind you!  You should have been 
AF> able to tell it was a cop car by its model.  Ford Crown Vics, etc. are 
AF> rarely driven agressively unless by a cop.

Or, those who have bought ex-cruisers.  There was a guy in highschool who
bought an ex-cruiser and used it to play mind games with people not paying
attention to what was going on behind them before he got there.  

However, these days of multi-brand police fleets, and hidden lights, the cars
are increasingly difficult to pick out of the crowd as early as the days of
big lights on the roof.  I know I cursed when this city went to the roof
hugger lights.  And now, they've just introduced the no roof light variety of
car, just a few lights behind the grille, and one on the dash.  
 
Mr.V-8
  //  The opinions expressed above are strictly the opinions of my fingers
\X/   and may not reflect the opinions of the other apendages.

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Felson)
Date: 15 Aug 1995 17:01:59 GMT