Subject: Re: Driving in rain/fog with NO lights on.

From: [email-masked] (Aaron M. Gold)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 16:36:43 GMT

>Oh, how true it is!  Our late, not-so-great King and God of New York,
>Mario Cuomo, decided that New York needed such a law-- whenever wipers
>are in use, headlights must be on.  He even went so far as to expound
>on this law on various road signs on New York interstates.  Guess what?
>The idiots STILL don't use their lights in the rain.

  I don't know that that is true...I think it didn't occur to most
people until it became law.  OK, down here near NYC I see more
"idjits" than upstate, but I think the law's had an effect.  More
peolpe with 'em on in the rain than without nowadays.
--
Aaron M. Gold - [email-masked]
 
"I'm not Gary Stockton!"

---

From: [email-masked] (Aaron M. Gold)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 16:36:43 GMT

"I'm not Gary Stockton!"

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick Yuknavech)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 10:35:52 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:

>Hate to disappoint you, Mr. Battle, but a headlights/wiper law wouldn't 
>make a darn bit of difference...  trust me...  Morons will always be 
>morons, and the fines for not turning on your lights aren't high enough 
>for the cops to bother putting down their donuts....  C'est la vie... MCS

I don't know about that. We've got such a law down here (Georgia), and
it seems to work. Most people turn the lights on at the THREAT of rain.
In fact, the only unlit cars you see all have New York and Massachusetts
tags :)

GA has had this law for a while now. Who knows, maybe the Great American
Motoring Public is like a dinosaur. You kick it in the butt and it takes
a while for the message to reach its brain, if any.

Anybody else find it significant that in this country they say
"motorist" a lot, instead of "driver"?

--
Dick Yuknavech                               [email-masked]