This is the Web site for the archives of Public Information Network, Inc.,
Doing Business As Triangle Free-Net, RTPnet, and NC Tech4Good Conference, through 2016.
Researchers and others who are curious are welcome to explore the archives.
The paper archives are available through the
Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
see Inventory of the RTPnet Records, 1989-2005
From its beginnings in 1989, RTPnet (officially, Public Information Network, Inc.) has worked to promote electronic communication of information of public interest.
This archive site documents the history of RTPnet and community networks with plans, reports, news clippings, project descriptions, grant proposals, conference materials, email discussions, and other associated files. Links may no longer work. Items listed that don't have links are paper only.
In most cases, if you access a directory, you will be able to browse the contents of the directory. For example, http://ibiblio.org/rtpnet/archives/tact/ brings up the directory for TACT, while http://ibiblio.org/rtpnet/archives/tact/tact.shtml brings up the home page for Triangle Area Centers for Technology (TACT).
- Web site:
- Articles of Incorporation, 1990 (.pdf)
- IRS 501(c)(3) letter, 1991 (.pdf) and 2004 letter (.pdf)
- Bylaws, revised May 5, 2004 HTML, MS Word
- Bylaws, amendment June 1, 2006 HTML, MS Word
- History (1989-1995)
- Annual reports: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,
- Report Summarizing 2009-2016 (html) or (.doc)
- Goals: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,
- News clippings (mostly .pdf files)
- What Members Say About RTPnet
- Thanks to Contributors
- Email list (email@example.com), Majordomo archive Dec. 1998-Aug. 2002, Mailman archives 2002,
2003, 2004, 2005 and
- Proposals: Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Rural Internet Access Authority (HelpDesk), Technology Opportunities Program, Verizon, and more...
- Projects and Community Outreach: Conferences, Community Technology Awards, Directory, Hosting Services, NCTech4Good, Tech Support, Training, Triangle Area Centers for Technology (TACT), VISTA Projects, and more...
- Community Networking: NPTN, AFCN, CTCNet, TechCoop