Disclaimer: This wiki is a supplemental venue for discussion related to the Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting; it's NOT hosted or officially endorsed by SAA. Check the SAA Annual Meeting Site for the most up-to-date program information.
Go Green at SAA Annual
Here are a few tips for being environmentally conscious at SAA Annual 2008
Please add other ideas not already on this list!
 Bring your own bag
Announcement from SAA on June 24, 2008:
RRR = BYOB!
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. To SAA that means Bring Your Own Bag! In the spirit of helping San Francisco remain the "Second Greenest City in America," there will be no new SAA registration bags in 2008. Please bring with you to the meeting one of your own totes or briefcases or – if you have a bag from a previous SAA Annual Meeting - bring it along and enter our "most historic bag" contest on site. Think green!
 Use reusable coffee mugs, cups, beverage containers, etc.
 Recycle whenever possible
Look for recycle containers at the conference, in your hotel, and at places you visit while in San Francisco.
 Talk to publishers and vendors about green practices that they are already using, or can use.
 Pick up only those paper materials that you really intend to use.
Many of these can be read in a moment or two and then returned. Don't grab a pile of things to read later at your hotel or at home unless you plan to keep them.
 If you’re Presenting:
- Make your handouts available online and construct your presentation so that your attendees don’t need paper versions to use during the presentation.
 In your Hotel Room:
- Reuse towels
- Turn off the lights and air conditioning in your room when you’re not there
- Conserve water
 Patronize Green Bars, Restaurants, and other Businesses whenever possible
- Walk around San Francisco - a great way to see the city.
- Use public transportation and share rides whenever possible.
* Amtrak * BART * Greyhound * Megabus * Transit.511.org
 General Resources:
- Green is the New Black - Terry Baxter (on page 12)