While this job isn’t in a newsroom, with those jobs being scarce, it is in communications and perhaps it might be of interest to someone. Job responsibilities and qualifications listed below. For more information, go here.
- Help manage the content and overall functions of the Network’s website and other electronic methods (such as emails and listserve) used to distribute/share news and information to members and other communicators in philanthropy.
- Contribute articles and blog posts to the website and solicit contributions from members.
- Manage the Network’s Twitter feed and Facebook page.
- Help identify topics for webinars and help organize and promote these to members.
- Assist in the planning and management of annual conferences and/or other special events.
- Help foster connections between and relationships among members of the Network, including populating online member database and developing in-person connections when possible, regionally and nationally
- Work with the Executive Director to identify/create opportunities for offline engagement and participation in the Network, such as through alliances with regional associations, philanthropic trade associations, local “chapters” or member groups in other cities.
- Oversee operation of listserve, compile results from members’ queries, and monitor activity to identify topics that might lend themselves to more in-depth editorial treatment, webinars or potential programming for future conferences.
- Work with Executive Director to develop and maintain a “demonstration database” featuring case studies about effective use of foundation/nonprofit communications.
- Maintain email distribution lists.
- Stay current on online communications tools and new media best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years of professional experience; prior experience in communications and/or managing websites and developing online content preferred.
- Excellent analytical abilities, outstanding oral and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects and drive toward deadlines.
- Broad understanding of, and willingness to stay abreast of new media technologies, applications, and processes.
- Avid interest and ability to think creatively about the use of the “new media,” especially as it relates to content delivery and information exchange.
- BA/BS in English, computer-related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to demonstrate mastery of English grammar, spelling, and copy editing and knowledge of major style guides.
- Ability to organize projects, juggle multiple tasks and relate well to a wide team of in-house content providers, editors and other interested parties
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise, including “grace under pressure.”
- Flexibility, and a high comfort level with ambiguity and entrepreneurship.
- Basic knowledge of html coding would be a plus.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in the position, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter explaining why you are suited for this role, any relevant work samples (including web links), a resume, and salary history and requirements.