For more info visit here.
Location: New York, NY, US
Requisition #: 137753BR
Posting Location: United States – New York – New York
Area of Interest: Content Development/Content Programming
Network Television Production
Cable Television Production
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
This position is responsible for assisting the Assignment Editor in researching, verifying and bringing news stories on air. Must have strong researching and communication skills and ability to multi-task a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Researches story data, summarizes and enters data into PC.
• Maintains PC data files and keeps them up to date as new information develops.
• Is available to staff on an as needed basis to provide research information.
• Keeps up to date on current events through various sources, such as media, newspapers, radio, etc.
• Confirms news stories by researching and calling sources, interviewing and verifying information.
• Listens to fire, police, EMS scanners, and is able to interpret codes and notify desk of breaking news.
• Provides up-to-date information to Assignment Desk on breaking stories or other story information in data bank.
• Assists Assignment Editor by researching new information, keeping editor up to date with new developments, confirming stories and updating records.
• Assists reporters by setting up and scheduling interviews and providing details of interview including directions to interview
• Assists producers and writers by keeping them up to date on developing stories and changing information.
• Answers phone lines, screens calls and identifies potential stories.
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- At least 1 year of experience working on an Assignment Desk.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
FCC Unit_TWC: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID:00112 – NYC 9th Ave
Job Segments: Bank, Banking, Creative, Editor, Finance, Publishing, Research, TV