Skagit Publishing needs a solid journalist with serious multimedia skills who understands both the news-gathering process and the ever-changing ways to deliver information.
We need a manager who can direct digital content for our newsroom, both in the way we cover the news and the way we present it. The job requires a highly organized, strong communicator with good people skills who can handle tight deadlines on multiple projects. Other requirements: Multitasking at a fast pace. Monitoring and interpreting digital analytics. Ability to work closely with all staff in developing content for various platforms. Setting strategy for reader-generated content.
This is not a webmaster, design or developer position. This is an editorial leadership role that transcends our web site. High editorial standards are a must. The job is evolving, but this manager must hit the ground running.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or related field
▪ A minimum of 4 years of publishing experience (online, print or broadcast) with a strong writing and editing background
▪ 2 years’ professional experience developing content in a digital environment
▪ Ability to interpret or use HTML, XML, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, video software, Word, Excel
▪ Staff and project management experience preferred
▪ Applicants should have experience with actively engaging social media at a professional level and have experience with content management systems.
Full benefits and 401K offered. Please provide a cover letter, resume and work samples by May 30 to Editor Colette Weeks at email@example.com.