Title Social Media Specialist
Department Public Affairs
Job Posting Description
Boston Children’s Hospital is seeking a passionate Social Media Specialist with a strong understanding of social platforms, an analytical mind and a focus on advancing hospital priorities. Boston Children’s is the leading pediatric hospital in the nation and has a robust social media presence featuring a Facebook community of more than 700,000 fans.
As a Social Media Specialist for Boston Children’s, you will be on the front lines of our media and digital marketing efforts. You’ll need to be highly focused and self-motivated, with an excellent technical understanding of social media and an innovative vision of how to apply it in promoting hospital priorities and engaging target audiences.
Update and monitor user generated content on social media outlets and produce text, graphics, code and interactive elements to be used on a variety of platforms.
· Plan long-term acquisition and engagement strategies across social media platforms and websites.
· In collaboration with the Content Director and Media Manager, create and execute on a weekly and monthly content calendar for different social media platforms.
· Lead campaigns that identify, engage and activate target audiences based on marketing priorities.
· Daily engagement with Facebook, Twitter and other social communities, including responding and real time management.
· Engagement with bloggers and health writers to develop high impact relationships.
· Propagation of search engine optimized keywords and copy as outlined by Marketing colleagues.
· Focus on analytics/reporting to ensure hospital priorities are being met and social media is being leveraged most effectively.
· Strategic outreach and coordination with other social communities.
· Keep up to date on the latest tools and social media tactics being used by brands, and how to take advantage of opportunities to use new technologies and approaches.
· 3-5 years Non-Managerial experience in social media
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Media, Communications or similar
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing and promotion via high profile communities on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc.
· Demonstrated experience with SEO and third party tools such as Spredfast and Radian 6
· Excellent communications skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Experience in writing high-quality blog posts, articles, long form copy and headlines
Status Full Time
Standard Hours per Week 40.00