News Research Credit Policy at The Palm Beach Post
How and when to include a Library Researcher as a story contributor.
How the contributor statement should read:
- Staff researcher Sammy Alzofon contributed to this story.
- Staff researcher Holly Diaz contributed to this story.
- Staff researcher Mary Dixon contributed to this story.
- Staff researcher Geni Guseila contributed to this story.
- Staff researcher Monica Martinez contributed to this story.
- Staff researcher Madeline Miller contributed to this story.
Librarians' names should be included in the credit lines at the end of stories:
- When the librarian's research helps direct and shape a story or graphic. For
example, if the librarian finds critical information through his or her own initiative, suggests important sources, areas of investigation, key
- When the librarian synthesizes information from several sources and provides editors, artists or reporters with a conclusion or reporting
angle that improves a story or graphic.
- When the librarian comes in to perform research during hours when the library is not staffed (or to assist in researching a breaking story
during her/his time off) and locates important information for an important story.
- When the guidelines above don't apply but an editor or the library director
determines that the research was special, the librarian should get some credit.
Please send any questions you have on these guidelines to [Palm
Beach Post Library e-mail address].
Policies in News Libraries
SLA News Division Home
Posted on 06/18/01