- Left hand is kept on the right thigh and then covering it with right palm.
Then words conveying our intention is recited as under.
- Sri Bhagavadajnaya Sriman NArayana Prithyartham
Pratah Sandhyam arghyapradaanaM karishhye
- arghyapradaana ma.ntrasya vishvaamitra R^ishhiH (head)
- devi gayathri chhandaH (nose)
- savitaa devataa (chest)
- arghyapradaane viniyogaH
- Stand erect holding tumbler in the left hand between thumb and first finger.
- Hold both palms together, separating the thumb of the right hand from rest
- Take water in both palms - holding palms at the level of the face.
- Recite gayathri mantra verbally with sound waves emanating from the mouth;
throw the water up in the air, looking at the sun, while doing so the heels of
both legs should be raised. (That is arghyam is offered standing on
- Repeat 3 times.
Om bhuurbhuvassuvaH tatsaviturvareNyaM
bhargodevasya dhiimahi dhiyo yonaH prachodayaat.h
Mantra Step 3