- The body should be in a vertical position.
- Close the left nostril with ring finger of right hand and exhale from
right nostril slowly.
- Close the right nostril with thumb of right hand
- Now, open the left nostril and inhale slowly.
- Afterwards, close the left nostril also as before, so that air is held
inside the body.
- Recite mentally the following Mantra (3 times)
- Om Bhuh | Om Bhuvah | Om Suvah | Om Mahaha |
Om Janah | Om Tapah | Om Satyam
- Om tatsavithurvareniyam | Bhargo devasya dhimahi |
dhiyo yo nah prachodayat
- Om Apah | Jyothi | Rasah | amrtam | Brahma |
Note: The thumb and first finger of the left hand should be in
contact with the left hand palm facing skywards.
- Open the right nostril and release the air slowly
- Say Om and touch the right ear.