You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00016 Apr 2005

Apr 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha!
srI krishNa parabrahmaNE namaha!
srImAn nArAyaNa charaNau saraNam prapadyE!

Sriman chaitanya das ji,

Bondafide AchArya is that person who attained
knowledge from the Supreme Lord Hari in an unbroken
disciplic succession without changing the contents. I
am happy to know that you consider bhagavad
rAmAnujAchArya as one such saD-AchArya. The knowledge
imparted by Sri rAmAnuja AchArya is uncontaminated,
free from maligned motivations and supremely correct.
The authority of his perfection of bhakti is shining
in the form of his magnum opus, srI bhAshya, though
all his other works are also equally great. He taught
the world how to self surrender unto the Supreme Lord
as inscribed in the scriptures. Inspite of all his
glory, the followers of sri ananda teertha blaspheme
such blemishless sri ramanuja with harsh words. Their
AchAryAs even present Sri rAmAnuja as an incarnation
of a demon named vAtApi, who can save them from the
eternal hell for such a bhAgavad aparAda? Not even the
Lord Himself can save them.

I can understand from your words that you are a
gaudiya vaishNava. I have no comment to offer for your
belief that there are 4 bonafide sampradAyAs. But
frankly speaking, the recent neo vedantists are the
people who say that there is no difference between all
the AchAryAs, but only the followers fight for their
ego. But the point to be observed is that the entire
understanding of Sri rAmAnujA's visishTa advaitha is
different from sri Ananda teertha's dwaitha. The very
ontological position of brAhmaN, jIva and matter are
seen in a completely different way in these two
sAmpradAyAs.

I also have a strong objection to gaudiyA's position
as followers of madhva sAmpradAya as there is no real
disciplic line. (disciplic line just doesnot mean
guru's sishya is next guru, but the guru's teachings
are unchanged by sishya when he becomes guru.) If
there were a disciplic line, then gaudiyAs cannot
deviate from sri Ananda teertha's pancha-bhEda and
formulate their own achintya bhEda-abhEda. It would
have been proper to call themselves chaitanya
sampradAya, rather than 'madhva-gaudiya' sampradAya if
they want to have a different interpretation of
vedanta. If a disciplic line is genuine, then they
will not deviate from the original teacher's readings
(in this case sri madhva's). Hence, I do not see any
genuinity of Gaudiyas as a bonafide vaishnava
disciplic line, even in the case of Sri madhva being a
bonafide AchArya. Hence their teaching that there are
4 bonafide disciplic lines is of little value.

I do not mean to offend the devotion of gaudiya
vaishNavAs or madhvas, but exposing the truth behind
the genuinity of their disciplic lines.

Please enlighten me, if you see any misunderstanding
in me.

Emperumanar thiruvadigalE saraNam!

your menial servant,
srIperumbUdUru vEnkata vinOd.

--- manoram chaitanyadas <manoramjps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Swami,
>
> Pranams!
>
> Hare krsna.
>
> The spiritual school started by Sri Ananda tirtha is
> bonafide line.Great personalities Like Sri
> Ramanuja,Sri Desikan ,Sri Ananda tirtha and many
> more
> descend from the spirtual world to deliver the
> condition souls  at differnt times.
>
> The lord can be glorified in differnt ways and it
> happens according to time,place and
> circumstance.Spirtual exchanges are good but it
> shouldn't  end in arguements.
>
> Arguements are made by immatured spiritualists.Best
> is
> to avoid them .Otherwise they become offensive to
> the
> philosphy and to the great acharyas who propogated
> it.
>
> I have many friends from the Madhva line who
> appreciate other Samapradya practices and
> philosphy.It
> is good to know the philosphy of Sri Ananda teerta
> but
> it is impossible to refute as Sri Ananda teertha is
> non differnt from Vayu deva and his philosphy has no
> stains .
>
> I dont know much philosphy but have great faith and
> respect for the Vaishnava acharyas.Forgive me if i
> have written anything offensive.
>
> Dasanu dasan,
> Manoram chaitanya das.

> Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball.
> http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

http://personals.yahoo.com

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

Yahoo! Groups Links