You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00144 Jan 2004

Jan 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear sri vaishNava perunthagaiyeer,

"The husband goes out on a short sojourn for few days and returns home. The
wife is standing at the main door entrance in anticipation, awaiting his
arrival, since she has already received the message of his return over her
mobile phone. He is sighted near the door. Immediately she reacts".

Normal expectancy after reading the above paragraph will be like a typical
tamil movie-  Is an English movie totally different - no - it is only a myth to
say so. He will enter, both will have first a "loving embrace through the
medium of eyes", then hug each other physically, unable to bear that
separation, even for that many number of days of the sojourn.

Yes. I am able to realise that reaction coming up - "Hey what is this? The
sanctity of the list is being spoiled by writing something cinematic, romantic
eroticism etc". Dear bhakthaas, I am not for that.

Here the situation is totally different. When she reacted - She said- "go out",
"do not enter", "get lost".

The real situation is - Actually she does not know the answer for the following
questions.
*       What is the main purpose in undertaking that sojourn
*       Where he went
*       With whom he went
*       Where he stayed
*       With whom he stayed
*       How long he stayed with the other person or persons

The needle of her suspicion is hanging on his head since many of her very
important jewels are missing. Also the urgency in his leaving has left trails
of his "knocking" of something from her jewel box. That spillage of gems etc
speaks the "tell tales" of his secret mission, and the speed with which he left
on that mission.  That is why she is angry and exhibits her annoyance.

You all will agree that it is a harsh step taken by her, in particular the
location where she does that - viz- doorstep. Pinning him down at the entrance
- in broad day light - in all public gaze - is something extreme.

For nowadays many are "vambukku alaiyum manithar koottam". The press and TV
channels want only such "paraparappu" news to appear in their front page or
main stories. In such a circumstance this "get lost" kind of tongue twisting is
really a very hot news for these public and a very severe punishment for that
person involved.

Immediately this will be flashed as scoop news in all TV channels and
newspapers if the person concerned is a VIP. If he is the head of state or some
such, then this news will flash all over the world claiming utmost importance
for the treatment he received at his wife's hands.

If that husband is our "perumal" in a "dhivya dhEsam", then it is not such a
big news. But it is definitely an occasion for celebration. Crowds throng to
see him being given such a treatment at his wife's hands.  A special name is
also given for that treatment to him - "mattai adi uthsavam".

On the ninth day of the annual "brahmOthsavam" we have this. See how we enjoy
at other's cost. He went out for nine days - with not one, but two wives on
both sides - the second and third in command - bhoomi and neeLaa dhEvis.

So periya piraati - the patta mahishi is angry. How can he leave me and go?
That too if he went in secrecy - ok, all right - he can be excused, for nobody
knew except me.

But he went in dhig vijayam - with all ratha gaja thuraga padhaadhi senaa,
flags, all kinds of musical instruments playing full orchestra - with all and
complete paraphernalia - completely ignoring her.

So the madam -patta mahishi is upset and says "do not enter my house, my koil -
my temple. If it is uttered once only, then, he can, at least reconcile and say
- ok, any how she is my wife - that too who has taken a vow not to leave me
"agalagillEn enRu" - so easily I can pacify her. But she says that "go out"
repeatedly for nine times.

Then, I have to find out a means to console her. So let me dole out the gifts
which she likes most. So by that he covers up his mistakes of leaving her. She
also recognises her position for he is her husband. Not only that she has to be
a loving wife, pardoning his mistakes as well her devotees' mistakes / sins,
that too in front of all who have congregated to check his position.

So she accepts him - may be out of sympathy or to exhibit she is considerate -
or after accepting his precious gift - of himself.

But for my krishNa - who is in the same situation - no brahmOthsavam - but his
usual flirts. On one occasion he is caught in same situation.

He has gone out, when she was sleeping, with her jewels etc. Now she says
"ezhuntharuLE". What does this mean - "go out" or "enter in"- doubtful. For
this word has both meanings - decision is yours - "what you want to do"
situation.

She thinks back - I was lying by his side hugging him, used his stout and
strongly built shoulders as my pillow, this strong shoulders having been the
result of wrestling with the professional wrestlers and killing them, the
wrestlers being sent by uncle kamsan.

It is my bad luck - valvinaiyEn - that I slept so nicely without realsising
what is happening around. KrishNa lifted my head and laid it on a pillow,
without disturbing my sleep in the second part of the night and vanished with
all my precious jewels etc,. [why second part of the night, why not first part
itself? Is the next question, which arise. yes, now I recollect - we were
enjoying each other's proximity, playing etc,. So I did not sleep in the first
part of night.]

When he returns now, may be after one day or two days - I am not able to count
- for I slept so long - I am able to feel he has enjoyed with some other girls
[or women?]. For now he smells differently. [true that any women will feel her
husbands' smell - also scientifically proved] - arivaiarOdum aNainthu vandhaai.
So why you have come here, now - ezhuntharuLE.

Dear bhakthaas - these are not my imagination but sree kulasekara aazhvaar has
put it so nicely - in that sixth padhigam of his thirumozhi.. Now the paasuram

maRperum thOLudai vaasudhEvaa, valvinaiyEn thuyil koNdavaaRE,
iRRai iravu idai Emaththu ennai in aNai mEl ittu aganRu nee pOi
aRRai iravum Or piRRai naLum arivaiyarOdum aNainthu vanthaai
eRRukku nee en marungil vandhaai emperumaan nee ezhuntharuLE.

Is there any more need for a translation? I do not think that way. Having
visualised the mattai adi uthsavam and a krishNa leela, Enjoy krishNa's leelaas
by going through the above and paasuram once more.

Oh krishNa, what an amount of grace in all yours deeds.

Dhasan

Vasudevan m.g.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM