You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00030 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.04 / ISSUE # 24 dated 5th June 2003
LAUNCHING OF ?SATSANGAM?
Dear Bhagavatas:
When the undersigned was asked by Yathivaras and Achaaryas to propagate our Siddhantam based on inputs from Kaalakshepams in India, I was asked to be careful to present strictly in accordance with these inputs. As you know, "Sri Ranga Sri" Electronic Journal was started with the Srimukhams of all Achaaryas of Bhagavad Ramanuja ? Swami Desika Satsampradaayam. We wish to remind that "Sri Ranga Sri" is *PRIMARILY A JOURNAL*. Its contents are being constantly viewed and practically monitored through critics in the inner circles of the great Yathivaras and the ever vigilant Achaaryas /Scholars adorning the Board of Advisory Consultants (BAC) and critically watched over by members of the Internal Resource Panel (IRP). It is, therefore, absolutely necessary to avoid any faux-pas (even unintentionally).

We have received feed back from numerous readers that while some of the discussions outside ?Sri Ranga Sri? journal (solely intended to encourage Reader participation) are interesting and enlightening, many others tend to go astray from the avowed objectives enshrined in its mission statement, resulting in futile arguments and counter-arguments and offer of personal projections and speculations, cluttering mail boxes and vitiating the very purpose of the journal.

Some samples of feedback are presented below:

1. ?Hope the moderator does not mind me making this remark. I am wondering why this group SrI-ranga-SrI should belabor a peripheral topic such as who is a brahmana etc. I thought as followers of SrI-vaishNavam, we would be more interested in discussing core topics such as our relation to SrIman-nArAyaNa, His anubhavam and such?

2. ?I am deeply pained when I read the recent postings by some persons. I cannot imagine any one personally attacking swamins who have posted some extremely intellectual and thought provoking postings. Any insult on such a Bhaagavata must not have been posted here. At least in the future, I feel that this sort of insults on our esteemed Bhaagavathas should not be posted at all. There must be some strict mechanism where in these sort of mails are not entertained?

3. ?It is a most noteworthy and welcome idea to divert such discussions to another site. In fact, I wanted to write to you about it. Please do it at once and rid "Sri Ranga Sri" of these obnoxious postings?

4. ?Some people are tending to post material that outwardly sounds like they are advocating Ramanuja Sampradaayam, but have the intent of propagating their sectarian goals? I saw some mails in the recent past along these lines?

5. ? Some people post under the pseudonym of being ?true? Vaishnavas, as if all others are false ones! This smacks of ego and a ?holier than thou? attitude that is really Un-Vaishnavite. It is not for one to claim oneself to be a ?true? Vaishnava; It is for others to regard whether one is ?true? or not?

IT IS OBVIOUS FROM THESE THAT-
THE GUIDELINES ANNOUNCED FROM TO TIME SEEM TO BE HONORED MORE IN THEIR BREACH THAN IN OBSERVANCE, CALLING FOR A STRICT ENFORCEMENT OF THE GUIDELINES AND REJECTION OF POSTINGS IN CONTRAVENTION THEREOF.

In future, the only discussions allowed in ?Sri Ranga Sri? will be those directly relating to or relevant to the topics featured therein and those that are not repugnant to the objectives of the Journal (as detailed in the preamble) viz.,
"This is a group of "Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam" (SDDS) for studying Srivaishnava - Visishtadvaita philosophy and practices as laid down by Azhwars and as clarified by Achaaryas of Bhagavad Ramanuja - Swami Desika SatSampradayam. Articles and discussions are welcome subject to the general norms of tolerance and mutual respect within the realms of the above philosophy and practices"
?SATSANGAM?
It is proposed to move all other discussions to a new platform called Satsangam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The description of the ?Satsangam? group is as follows:
?This is an adjunct group of "Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam" (SDDS) for discussing the tenets, principles and practices of Srivaishnavam (other than those covered in "Sri Ranga Sri", the Electronic Journal of SDDS). Discussions may be made politely and with due regard for the susceptibilities and sentiments of both participants and others. Tolerance and moderation in expression should be the bottom line of postings and should be supported by appropriate PramaaNams from Azhwars and Poorva and Prakrutam Achaaryas of Bhagavad Ramanuja - Swami Vedanta Desika Satsampradaayam. Any member can post but they will appear only after approval by the Moderator. The views expressed are not necessarily nor completely those of the Owners / Moderators?
AS ? SATSANGAM? IS ALSO AN ADJUNCT OF SDDS, THE GUIDELINES OF ?SRI RANGA SRI? WILL BE EQUALLY APPLICABLE TO ?SATSANGAM? ?mutatis mutandis?.
The only change is that discussions will now appear in ?Satsangam? site, except
those that have direct relevance to the contents of the journal proper and
those that are subject to the description of the group mentioned above.

Those desirous of joining the new list may send an email to ?
"Satsangam-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Or an email to "Ramanbil@xxxx"
authorizing addition of your address to the mailing list of ?Satsangam?

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Editor & Publisher
?Sri Ranga Sri? and ?Satsangam?