You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00130 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

 Dear Bhagavatottamas,

Sri Badri Narayan swamy's question 'stated below' is exactly
relevant & thats why 'Emberumanaar' has defined Brahman
as 'Swabhaavathaha: Nirastha Nikhila doosha anavadhikaadhishaya
asankhyeya kalyana gunagana'. Every word has volumes of meaning
here. 'Swabhavathaha' means by nature. So Lord is by nature devoid of
all doshams & hence has all 'kalyanagunas'. The understanding of this
w.r.t to limits raised by sri Badri swamy is as follows:

Paramathma is pure Sathvagunam, therefore above all doshagunams.
Thats the ultimate state. Whatever acts he peforms, they are acts of
pure 'sathvagunam' and no doshagunam can be attributed to it. From
the refernce frame of paramathma, all acts are blemishless and
no 'Sastra' can bind them for he is above all Sastras (laws). Simple
E.g. he can change the laws of physics as in Ramayan (floating of
stones).

The doshagunams start appearing only for the jeevathmans, comprising
of impurities (mixture of 3 gunams: sattva, tamo & raja). The
distinction of good act vs evil acts start appearing here &
determined by Sastras which are actually set by 'paramathma'(his
commands-law).

Therefore calling him to have 'all Kalyanagunams' is the only way to
make him unlimited. On the contrary, calling him to have doshagunams
will only then start really limiting him which is not in line with
definition of vedas & upanishads. Once again 'hail Emberumanaar' for
his excellent definition.

I hope I did some justice to the question. May be other swamies can
do better justice.

Pranams
Sajjana padapadmaparamanuhu
Lakshmi Narasimha dasan

Message 2770 of 2777 | Previous | Next [ Up Thread ] Message
Index Msg #