You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00076 Jun 2007

Jun 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear SrI Arvind Iyer :
Thanks very much for your welcome feedback.
We at the Sundara Simham and Ahobilavalli Team
are delighted to know that our e-book releases .

On the Question on (rAAJA) Mannargudi ,
the KshEthram is ALSO KNOWN AS
DakshiNa DhwArakai .

It is an ancient temple going back to
1,000 years . It is not a dhivya desam
sung by AzhwArs but is what is known
as an abhimAna sthalam . This sthalam
has nurtured Carnatic Music for a long time .
Mutthuswamy Dikshithar has conposed
a Krithi on this Sri Vidya Raajagopalan .

It is believed that a "SrI Vidhyaa Chakram" has been  placed
at the time of consecration under the Moolavar Peetam .
This SrI (Vidhyaa) Chakram is not the one that is worshipped by
SrI VidhyA UpAsakAs , who perform NavAvaraNa Meru Poojaa .
At MannArgudi , the sakthi of the Lord is linked to
the  MahA Lakshmi Yantram known also as Sri VidhyA Yantram ,
named after  the wife of Lord Hayagriva , the Sakala VidhyA Moorthy .

NamO SrI Vidyaa RaajagoPalAlAya ,

V.Sadagopan

P/S : There is another Yanthram known as Madana Gopala Sundari
Mantram with 18 BheejAksharam , which is different from the 15
BhhejAkshari Mantram worshipped by Lalitha Tripura Sundari UpAsakAs.