You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00006 Nov 2003

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:
SrImathE Nigamantha Mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

The second of the three Mudhal Azhwaars - BhoothatthAzhwAr was born at
Maamalla Puram (Thirukkadanmallai Dhivya dEsam ). He is recognized as the
amsam of Gadhai (mace) of the Lord known as KoumEdhaki.He incarnated inside
a Kurukkatthi flower during an Iyppasi avitta nakshathram day

BhoothatthAzhwAr's pAsuram 21- echoes similar to naa vaayiluNdE of Poigai's.

Let us pay our obeisance to AzhwAr today on his Thirunakshathram today by
dwelling on that pAsuram:

thaamuLarE thammuLLa muLLudhE* thaamarayin
poovuLathE yEtthum pozhudhuNdE *- vaaman
thirumaruvu thaaLmaruvu senniyarE * sevvE
arunarakam sErva dharidhu..

There are Bhagawathas [people] here to praise the Lord Sriya: Pathi Sriman
Narayanan. For that there is a mind {in them}. No need to serach outside or
anywhere else for this mind. It is just inside. Also to offer flowers, the
beautiful lous flowers are plenty in these ponds; abundantly available
everywhere. Simply take them and offer at His lotus feet.

We say: Where is the time? (as usual asking for an excuse)
AzhwAr says: pozhudhuLathE... You have plenty of time to praise His glories
and utter His names as well. You find time to watch you TV programs. Eat
your favourite food; talk all that you want to and listen to all that
trash... But when coming to spend few minutes offering flower at His lotus
feet, you say no time.. You do have lot of time at your disposal and manage
it right.. Utter his names and spend few minutes.
we say: where is the Feet? we do not know.
It is the dwarf form Vaamanan who took the huge GREAT Thirvikrama avathAram
and touched everyone and everything. It is there. and our heads are there
for His feet. wear His lotus feet on the forehead (kadha punassankha.. )

These Bhagaawthas have thus, the mind, the time, the inclination, the
flowers to offer and their heads to adorn His feet. Hence there is no
narakam (hell) for them.
Ley us pay our obeisance to BhoothatthAzhwAr on his Thirunakshathram today.
AzhwAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
NamO Narayana
dAsan