You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00026 Nov 2003

Dear Bhagavatas:
A member has sent the following mail.
Since the information provided may be of interest
to many others in our group, I am forwarding them
to the entire group.
Dear Friend:
Here is the Prayer to Dhanvantari:

Om! Sankham Chakram jaloukaam dadhad amruta gaTam chaaru dOrbhis chaturbhih /
sookashma svachchhaati hridyaam sukha pari vilasan moulim ambOja nEtram //
kaala ambha uda ujjjvalaangam kaTi taTa vilasad Chaaru peetaambaraadhyam /
vandE Dhanvantarim tam nikhila gada vana prouDa daavaagni leelam //

You may click on the following link for the original Sanskrit version of
this ancient Stotra and its translation  in English by Dr. Vasant Lad
of the Ayurvedic Institute.
You can also hear the Audio version at this site.

http://www.avatara.org/dhanvantari/sorta.html

Hope this helps.

There is a separate Sannnidhi for Lord Dhanvantari,
the divine Physician at Sri Rangam. You may pray to him
and recite this Mantra as many times as you can.
May Lord Dhanvantari bless your mother with a speedy recovery.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

Sri Narasimhaya namah.
My mother is very sick and has stoke, so I would like
to worship Lord Dhanvantari with some mantras, I would
be very grateful if anyone could send me in private
mail.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!