You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00029 Nov 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

How easily and effortlessly he was blessed- Amudhanar
explains.

kaNtukoN tEnem iraamaa NnuchanRannai kaaNtalumE
thoNtukoN tEn_avan thoNtar_poR RaaLil_en thollai
ven^n^Oy
viNtukoN tEn_avan cheerveLLa vaariyai vaaymatuththin
RuNtukoN tEn,innam uRRana Othil uvappillaiyE. 84

Now I have seen my Ramanuja; what a great sight it is!
That makes me desire and seek to serve the golden feet
of Bhagawathas - his devotees. And here, today I from
the midst of all Bhagawathas take just a sip from this
ocean of auspicious qualities of YathirAjA and all my
past karmaas are destroyed. Alas! There is no end -if
I attempt to say anymore.

em iraamansan thannai kaNdu koNdEn ? I have been
blessed to see our Ramanuja and seek his sambandham.
kaaNdalum E ? upon seeing him [having been blessed
with his darsan]
avan thoNdar pon thaaLil thoNdu koNdEn- I am indeed
blessed to perform kaimkaryam at the most enjoyable
feet of his disciples [Ramanuja bhakthAs]
enthollai vem nOi viNdu koNdEn ? my anAdhi cruel
paapams [sins] accrued from time immemorial -are now
crushed and hence they would not bear fruits;
avanseer veLLam vaariyai inRu vaay madutthu unDu
koNdEn ? I am indeed extremely blessed to sip a
mouthful from the enormous flood of most divine and
enjoyable kalyANa guNAs [auspicious qualities or
attributes] of EmperumAnAr by singing these 108 verses
on his guNAs.
Innam muRRana Odhil ulappu illai ? If I need to utter
anymore, there is no end.

The day, I saw the most beautiful and divine
EmperumAnAr, on that day itself, I wished to have the
acharya sambandham. That?s whay in order to get near
him, I sought for the closer circle of his sishyas as
purushakaram [mediatrix] for recommendation and
prostrated at their feet. Thus I was blessed with the
buddhi [which too by the grace of EmperumAnAr himself]
to join as a sishsya of Swami KooratthAzhwAn. By
serving him, I was blessed to have him as my acharyan.
Thus EmperumAnAr has become my paramacharyan. Thus I
am able get all my incorrigible paapmas that have
accrued from time immemorial are all destroyed now and
no longer I need to suffer from their fruits.

Not just this anishta nivrtthi; listen to this ishta
praapthi which is the most important one. Being caught
immersed in the ocean and enormous flood of
EmperumAnAr most enjoyable kalyAna guNAs [sowsselyam,
sowlabhyam, swamithvam, vaathsalyam, audhaaryam,
kaaruNyam, ghambeeryam, etc], I am blessed to have
begun these verses on his kalyANa guNAs. I do not know
if I can ever do justice to drinking this ocean of
klayANa guNAs and try to take s sip from the ocean by
singing these verses and enjoy. Somehow compose these
few verses. [and adiyEn attempts to translate the same
as well with the same desire..] I can never say and do
justice saying all these in mere words. All because of
his kalyANa guNAs. I have not done anything. All these
started from the darsanam of his.

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana