You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00060 Nov 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all

pOtruvan- I would praise ? said Amudhanaar. Now he has
realized that he can not do justice to that as the
kalyANa guNAs of EmperumAnAr so great and vast that it
is difficult to express ?in line with sruthi vaakyam:
yathO vachO nivarthanthE?

I have realized that I can not do justice expressing
in words- says Amudhanaar.

pORRaruNY cheelath thiraamaa Nnucha,nin pukaztherinthu
chaaRRuva NnElathu thaazvathu theeril,un
cheer_thanakkOr
ERRamen REkoN tirukkilu menmanam EththiyanRi
aaRRakil laathu,ithaR kenninai vaayenRit tanchuvanE.
89

On emperumAnArE! Ramanuja! Whatever one praises in how
many ways- one can never reach doing justice to
expressing the ocean of your kalyANa guNAs. If one
attempts to praise your kalyANa guans and it is like
someone who is a vagabond and is illiterate attempting
to enumerate the greatness of Sage Vasishta bhagawaan.
It would only belittle your guNAs. In spite of
realizing that, if I try to abstain from praising your
guNAs, my mind can not rest without doing that.
Because, that is only the sustenance for me. I can not
live without praising you. Hence I am worried and
scared as to what you would think of these brazen
attempts.

pOtra arum- ineffable ? indescribable
seelatthu- [personification of] kalyANa guNAs
Iraamaanusa- Ramanuja [I]
un pugazh therindhu ? [falsely] thinking that I have
understood fully of your kalyAna guNAs and your
vaibhavam
saaRRuvan yEl ? roar here these verses [hence]
adhu thaazhvu ? That only belittles you;
adhu theeril ? [ok] even if I leave that assuming that
I do not know fully of your greatness
un seerthanakku- for your kalyANa guNAs
yERRam- it is only an added greatness [that this lowly
self is not talking about it]
enRE koNdirukkilum- thus even if I abstain from
praising yourself
en manam- my mind
yERRi anRi aaRRa gillaadhu- without praising you and
singing these verses, it can not even survive; and
this is the cause for it sustenance
idhaRkku- for being so
en ninaivaay enRu anjuvan- what would you think of
me;- I am scared;

When your greatness and kalyANa guNAs are so vast and
huge like an ocean, how can one attempt to see the end
of that. How can I attempt to praise you! That would
only belittle your greatness. Is it so easy and so low
for me to even comprehend and praise fully? I have
mistakenly thought that I have understood your
vaibhavam completely. How wrong! It is all because of
your attraction; your guNas, your daya; your majestic
form; your vaikalshaNya kataksham that I am continuing
these praises though I can not do justice. I am scared
as to what you would think of these. But since I know
the truth [that I can not do justice and still attempt
as my mind wants to, for its sustenance], I think it
is not apacharam.

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana