You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00006 Oct 2006

AdiYen's name is Balaji Ramanujadasan and AdiYen lives in
Villivakkam, Chennai; I had taken my Samashrayanam from HH Srimad
Azhagiyasingar of Ahobila Mutt during January 2006; My native is
Vellore side (in North Arcot district) and my gothram is Athreya
gothram; our kula dhaivam is Thirupathi venkatachalapathi;

I have known for some time that members in my family use the word
Kidambi/Cadambi as a part of their name (father's side people)and
therefore this a part of my name also. I would like to find out if
this name Cadambi/Kidambi has any connection with Kidambi Aacchan
(the personal cook of Swami Ramanuja) and if we are really
descendants of the great person Kidambi Swami; in either case i
would like to learn more about him and his teachings as well
(Kidambi Swami).

I was a Vadama Smartha before I delved into the grand and beautiful
Ocean of Vaishnavism and took up the Shri Sampradhayam with the
permission and blessings of my parents as well as Shrimadh
Azhagiyasingar of Ahobila Mutt by getting my Samashrayanam done in
January 2006; currently i am learning and following the sampradhayam
and its teachings as a Shri Vaishnavan with great joy...

Kindly reply at the earliest and do help me in knowing more about my
lineage. I  indeed consider it to be the divine blessing of Shrimann
Narayana to have taken up Shri Vaishnavism after Samashrayanam even
though I had been a Vadama Smartha initially.

Hope to receive a response from you knowledgeable people at the
earliest...

Thank you...

AdiYen,

Balaji Ramanujadasan