You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00072 Oct 2006

Pranams,

Excellent article, thoughts , and coordinating these two. All of us in our
rituals (good, bad, joy or  sorrow) have Sriman Narayanan (as "Vishnu Swa roo
bee") with us, as witness. In our sAmPradhayam, we adore, love the lord than,
and fear him. In a way we are all Peri- Alwars".

Not taking much time, in current Yugha, starting from PEri Alwar, as mentioned
by your learned self, there have been lot of Father-in Law relationship. I am
not qualified to give illustrations or lectures. However I am eager to share
this.

In Thirumali, Sri Ananth Alwar is regarded as "Mama Nar".

His "Vah Zhi Thirunamam", we start, "Mala IL Vengada VaR Ku MAma Nar Vah Zhi ".

On 2 occasions, Lord Srinivasa (Son in-law) visits Sri Ananth Alwars house
(Thiru Mala Ligai) on the hills. This happens to be his (Ananth Alwar's Bridha
Vanam too).

Earlier days, it used to be on the "Ratha Utsava Day", ( Now got shifted to the
day next to "Theertha Vari".)

This day is signified as the day the lord married, "En THIRU Magal"( Sri
Lakshmi decorating the( Thiur Marr Boo) holy chest area of the Lord), daughter
of Anathalwar. This day the lord is taken in " Ap Pradhak Shanam" way, it is
now called as " Bagh / Back " Savaree. Utsavam.

Even today On the Ratha Utsava days, the "Thiru The ir (Temple Car) stops at
the junction of the Bridha Vanam, The descendents of Ananth alwar offer Arathi
and one "Uthi re yem" as sambavana to the Son In Law. And Arathi is performed.

Second day is on the day of demise of Sri Ananth Alwar, (Thiru Adi Poor am).

Both the days, "Malai and Thiru Parivattam and Sri Sata Kopam" is offered to
the tree (believed to be Ananth Alwar).

Since it is considered to be the Brindha vanam of Ananth Alwar, even today "
Lagoo Puniya Vachanam" is done to the Sri Satari", once the deity steps out of
the Brinda vanam. The archarkar, who offered the Sri Satari, takes bath in the
push karanee, before entering the temple again.

What is highlighted, (I guess, is the recognition given to the devotee for the
devotion, as a moral to all of us. )

- Except to Thiurchanoor Thayar, (only on Panchami Theertham) Perumal¢s garland
is  not offered to any one, exception being Anath Alwar (Father in law).

 Also  Great Sri: U.VE. Purisai SRI Ranga Chariar Swami belonged to this
family.

Purisai Swami was the composer of the great "SRINIVASA GADHYAM".

His direct disciples include, amongst others, Sri Gad dhi Ananth Char Swami,
H.H. Sri Injee Mettu Swami, (during his poorvatsramam, Sri. U.VE Ranganadha
Chariar Swami) and had highest regards for this swami, Sri.U.Ve. Kabisthalam
Desika Chariar Swami".

If in order, I can upload the photographs of this Brindhavanam, Mariyadhi. ,
After your approval.

Dasan.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: