You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00095 Dec 2002

Dec 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anubadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anubadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.04 / ISSUE # 08 dated 26th December 2002
EDITORIAL:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
On behalf of ?Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam? (SDDS) and ?Sri Ranga Sri? Electronic journal and on my own behalf, I hereby wish you all a very Happy New year. May the New Year bring us all greater unity and peace of mind!

CONCLUSION OF POETIC TRIBUTE TO ACHARYAN
We conclude in this issue the poetic tribute to His Holiness Srimad ANDavan of Poundarikapuram Swami Ashramam by Sri C.G. Balaji. Our heartfelt thanks to Sri Balaji for his permission to feature his excellent write up in ?Sri Ranga Sri?.

GOTRAMS AND PRAVARAMS ? AN OVERVIEW
While doing ?Abhivadanam?, we mention our ?GOtras? and ?Pravaras?. Some of us at least do not know the glory of the Rishis occurring in this. You will remember that a while ago, I wrote about the specific glory of Naitrvakaasyapa GOtra and Vaadoola GOtra from what I have heard in KaalakshEpams of Mahaa mahO Paadhyaaya Sri Srivatsankachar Swami, now Head of Dept. French Indolgical Research Institute, Pondicherry. He has favored us with a monograph revealing the glory of several GOtras and the Rishis relating to the respective ?Pravaras?. We intend featuring these in the forthcoming issues. We are sure you will find very interesting details in this write up.

?SAPTA SARGA PARAYANAM OF SUNDARA KHANDAM?
As per the direction of Asmad Acharyan, His Holiness Srimad ANDavan of Sri PouNDarikapuram Swami Ashramam, Srirangam, the ?Sapta Sarga ParayaNam? of ?Sundara KhaaNDam? of ?Srimad Vaalmiki RamayaNam? was commenced on the 15th October 2002 (Tirunakshatram day of Swami Desikan). This was concluded on the 21st December 2002 when PaTTabishekam was performed for Sita LakashmaNa Bharata Satrugna Hanumath SamEta Sri Ramachandra murthi. Incidentally, this happened to be Punarvasu Nakshatram, the Tirunakshatram of Lord Rama and also the Avatara Dinam of Lord Parasurama. A few special points from Sundara KhaNDam were highlighted in a short speech. These will be serialized in the forthcoming issues.

IN THIS ISSUE:
1. ?SRIMAD GOPALA DESIKA MAHA DESIKA VIMSATI? ?
A POETIC TRIBUTE TO SRIMAD ANDAVAN OF
SRI POUNDARIKAPRAM SWAMI ASHRAMAM
(PRAKRITAM PONTIFF OF THE ASHRAMAM)
Part 20: Acharya Mangalam (Verse 22)
By Sri C. G. Balaji {Sri Balaji is the grandson of
Sri N.S. Anantha Rangachar Swami of Bangalore and
a Sishya of Parakala Matam}
2. ?RAMAPIRANAI KARPOM?
EXCERPTS FROM BOOK BY H.H. SRIMAD ANDAVAN OF
?SRI POUNDARIKAPURAM SWAMI ASHRAMAM?? Part 23:
?paaNim griheeshva paaNinaa?
(Anbil Ramaswamy)
We have so far presented in the form of catechism, 65 questions raised and answered by H.H.
In this Issue, we present -
Question 66:
What is the significance in King Janaka saying-?
?paaNim griheeshva paaNinaa?
?Accept her as your wife by clasping her hand with your?s?

Sri Gopaala Desika Mahaa Desika Mahaa MunigaL hailed reverentially as verily VasishTa by all other Prakritam YathisrEshTas today, gives us in a flashback of what must have flashed across the mind of the King.
Copies of the book can be had from anyone of the following:
1. Sri Nrisimhapriya office, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004 (Phone: 4611540)
2. Dr. S. Parthasarathy Desika Sadanam, 24, 28th Cross, Besantnagar,
Chennai 600 090 (Phone: 490 0327)
3. Sri N.K.Ramaswamy 213 East Uttara Street,
Srirangam 620 006(Phone: 434 438)
4. Sri D. Rajagopalan, D-B/109A, DDA Flats, Harinagar,
New Delhi 110 064 (Phone: 5492877)
5. Dr. N. Anantha Narasimhachariar, 33 Sameerapuram 2ndcross, Chamarajpet, Bangalore 560 018 (Phone: 6511056)
6. Dr. N. Gopalachari, Sri Krishna Sabha Plot 264, J.S.Yagnik Marg,
Sion East, Mumbai 400 002 (Phone: 4094 495 / 4095 582)
7. Sri N.S. Parthasarathy, 1 Raghavaiah Road,
T.Nagar, Chennai 600 017 (Phone: 8280949).
3. DESIKAMRUTHAM I ?
SWAMI DESIKA?S SIMILES ?UPAMA?
Part 23 (103 and 104)
(Anbil Ramaswamy)
4. DESIKAMRUTHAM II:
SRIMAD RAHASYA TRAYA SAARAM
UPODGATHA ADHIKAARAM ? The Beginning - 6
SRI SADAGOPA IYENGAR SWAMIN (OF COIMBATORE),
?SRIKAARYAM OF THE BOARD OF ADVISORS OF ?SRI RANGA SRI?
5. FROM MAHABHARATA
?MAHABHARATA ??YAKSHA PRASNAM?
Part 17: Prasnams 52 and 53
by Sri M.K. Ramaswamy Iyengar Swami,
Senior Officer of Govt. of India (Retd)

We strongly urge you to kindly peruse the "Regular Issues" archived in the ?Files? Section and view the Contents at ?srsindex.html? (Not the individual postings allowed to encourage "Reader participation"). We are sure that you will be convinced of the quality of the contents.

IF you are satisfied with the quality and contents of
?Sri Ranga Sri?:
Tell your friends to join by sending an email to ?
"SriRangaSri-Subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

IF not:
Tell us, as to how we may improve.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Editor & Publisher
?Sri Ranga Sri?
IMPORTANT:
The ?Files? Section also contains the full text of ?Art of Living?
? (a write up on the Life and works of Swami Desika)
by Sri M.K.Sudarshan of Kuwait.
Kindly also peruse the following files at the sites indicated:
http://members.tripod.com/~sriramanujar
(Maintained by Sri Madhava Kannan from Singapore) ? for
-       Biography of Bhagavad Ramanuja ?
-       Biography of Swami Desika ?
-       Acharya Vamsa Vriksham ?
-       Srimad Rahasya Traya Saram
-       and other links.
http://www.srivaishnava.org/sgati/
(Maintained by Sri Venkatesh Elayavalli from California)
SDDS Volume 1 / Issues 1 to 33
SDDS Volume 2 / Issues 1 to 26
SDDS Volume 3 / Issue 1
SaraNAgati Vol. 1 / Issues 1 - 24
SaraNAgati Vol. 2 / Issues 1 - 04
For ?Hinduism Rediscovered?
and other links
http://www.srivaishnavam.com
(Maintained by Sri R.M. Venkat from Bahrain) for -
-       Dasavatara Stotram meanings
-       ?Srimad Rahasya Traya Saaram? and other links.
in the ?Philosophy? section
(More to follow)
1. ?SRIMAD GOPALA DESIKA MAHA DESIKA VIMSATI? ?
A POETIC TRIBUTE TO SRIMAD ANDAVAN OF
SRI POUNDARIKAPRAM SWAMI ASHRAMAM
(PRAKRITAM PONTIFF OF THE ASHRAMAM)
Part 20: Acharya Mangalam (Verse 22)
By Sri C. G. Balaji {Sri Balaji is the grandson of
Sri N.S. Anantha Rangachar Swami of Bangalore and
a Sishya of Parakala Matam}
ACHAARYA MANGALAM (GLORY AND PRAYER)

May he bless us for years many to come
Dwell we at his feet, this world to transcend from
May this garland of words adorn his feet so sacrosanct
Pray we, the dust from his feet as our sanctuary to grant - 22

It is our heartfelt prayer that he continues to bless us worldly souls with his benevolent grace for many years to come. We submit ourselves at his feet to resign and transcend from this world and to attain the divine bliss and communion with the Lord.

Sri Brahmatantra-Swatantrar extolled Swamy Deshikan saying ?From his (Swamy Deshikan?s) nectareous words, this dead world did come back to life?. This statement of Parakaala jeeyar, befits asmadacharyar very well too!!!

We, his shishyas can with great pride say that it is indeed our greatest fortune that we all have been blessed to take birth on this Earth during the time of Srimath Gopala Deshika Maha Deshikan, our Achaarya saarvabhouma. To be recipients of his kataaksham and anugraham and to have the darshana bhagyam of this great Achaarya saarvabhouma is indeed the fruit of all our penances.

Mangalam to Swamy, the sadaachaarya!
Mangalam to Swamy adored by the virtuous!
Mangalam to Swamy, the glorious Achaarya of Ramanuja darshanam!
Mangalam to Swamy, the manifestation of Gitaacharya!
Mangalam to Swamy, the incarnation of Yatiraja!
Mangalam to Swamy who is bhushanam to Jnana, Anushtana and Vairagyam!
Mangalam to Swamy who dispels nescience from the minds of the Lord?s subjects!
Mangalam to Swamy, the beacon light on the path to deliverance!
Mangalam to Swamy, the unconquerable!

May our minds as a garland of flowers enchant our master Gopala Deshika!
May his vigraham adore the temple of our minds!
May his lotus feet adorn the waters of our hearts!
May his thoughts begin our day!
May his grace ennoble our deeds!
May his words keep us on the right path!
May his wisdom make us knowers of Brahman!
May his footsteps be our guiding lamps!
May his glories enlighten this world!

As Swamy Deshikan says in his Subhashita Nivi, ?An artist can paint the picture of the Sun, but can he give it the same radiance?? Similarly our Swamy has infinite auspicious attributes like Paraman himself. It would be impossible for any work on this earth to fully exemplify his kalyaana gunams.

This garland of words is strung to embellish the holy feet of our Achaarya, Srimath Gopala Deshika Maha Deshikar that are so sanctified. We prostrate at his thiruvadi and pray to him to grant the dust from his holy feet as our lasting refuge.

This work has been possible only due to the divine grace of Poorvaachaaryas and Asmad Swamy, Poundarikapuram Paravakkottai Srimath Andavan Sri Gopala Deshika Maha Deshikar. The purpose of this work will be served even if one infinitesimal amount of our Achaarya?s glories has been celebrated.

Let us sing his glories and sanctify our lives.
His taniyan is as follows ?

We seek refuge at the sacred feet of our revered Acharyan, Sri Gopala Deshika Maha Deshikan, who received the sacred rites of Samashrayanam, Bhara Samarpanam from the great Acharya, Sri Srinivasa Maha Deshikan (Srimath Poundarikapuram Andavan), Thuriyaashramam from Sri Srinivasa Maha Deshikan (Srimath Vennatrankarai Andavan) and the wealth of Ubhaya Vedaantham from Srimath Abhinava Ranganatha Brahmatantra-Swatantra Parakaala Yatindra Maha Deshikan. He shines with illustrious sadaachaaram and is resplendent with his limitless Acharya Bhakthi. Glory to the great preceptor Srimath Gopaala Deshika Maha Deshikan.