In Thamil, there is a special way to describe a series of actions
taking place. The final action is written as usual, using whichever
verb forms that are appropriate. For each of the actions preceding the
final action, the verbs are changed into their AvP (adverbial
- The AvP of a verb is formed by adding
- -உ to the past tense stem of the verb
(classes 1-2, 4-7)
- -இ to the verb (class 3)
- அவன் முட்டைகளை வாங்கி சமைத்து தட்டில் போட்டு உனக்கு கொடுக்கிறான்
= "He has bought and cooked eggs and has put them on a plate and gives
them to you"
- நாங்கள் நகரில் சுற்றி நடந்து வருகிறோம் = "We will walk
around in the city and then come"
- negative AvP
- The negative AvP of a verb is formed by replacing the final
-அ from the infinitive with -ஆமல்
For இரு, however, the negative AvP is இல்லாமல்.