[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /common.php on line 224: require() [function.require]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 18: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 19: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 531: include_once() [function.include-once]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
The Euro Information Website Forum • View topic - Polish most euro-sceptic and PM's announcement

Polish most euro-sceptic and PM's announcement

Poland and the Euro

Polish most euro-sceptic and PM's announcement

Postby zarazek » 25 Jan 2010, 19:11

Results of the opinion poll Eurobarometer 72 show that Poles are amongst the biggest opponents of the euro in the EU. The analysis indicates that the common currency as well as the monetary union have the support of 46 per cent of citizens. Opponents of the euro make up 42%. of the Polish population. This places Poland third amongst EU countries according to aversion to the euro. Only the UK (65% opponents), Denmark and Sweden (44%) are before Poland.
In the EU as a whole, the majority are supporters (60%) and one in three are against (33%). The greatest support is in Slovakia (88%), Ireland and Slovenia (86%), the Netherlands (81%) and Luxembourg (80%).

Polska The Times reports that the Polish PM Donald Tusk is going to announce the date of Polish entry into the eurozone on Friday (29.01.2010). The newspaper says that the announcement will take place on a press conference during which Donald Tusk and the finance minister Jacek Rostowski will present their plan to heal the public finance.
zarazek
10 Posts
10 Posts

Re: Polish most euro-sceptic and PM's announcement

Postby Illioplius » 25 Jan 2010, 23:03

If three countries are before Poland, then Poland is fourth amongst these countries, isn't it? :)
Illioplius
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby zarazek » 25 Jan 2010, 23:12

Illioplius wrote:If three countries are before Poland, then Poland is fourth amongst these countries, isn't it? :)

I don't think so since two countries share one place. But that's actually not the most important fact I was citing.
zarazek
10 Posts
10 Posts

Postby Illioplius » 25 Jan 2010, 23:30

zarazek wrote:
Illioplius wrote:If three countries are before Poland, then Poland is fourth amongst these countries, isn't it? :)

I don't think so since two countries share one place. But that's actually not the most important fact I was citing.

I understand. In spite of that, it's interesting information and I just hope that euro-scepticism in UK will decrease. In case of Denmark and Sweden it looks that euro can easily succeed in a referendum, I think.
Illioplius
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby zarazek » 25 Jan 2010, 23:41

I'm not so sure the British will want to get rid of the pound. Even when its value plummeted against the euro the pound was almost at parity with the euro, only Lord Mandelson talked about changing the currency. Now no one wants to bring it up again cos they know the people would be against it (for whatever reasons they might have).
zarazek
10 Posts
10 Posts

Return to Poland