[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 18: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 19: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
The Euro Information Website Forum • View topic - New banknote series- image

New banknote series- image

Euro banknotes
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules

New banknote series- image

Postby theeuro » 20 Dec 2008, 21:33

In case anyone is wondering what the new series of banknotes are going to look like- here is a preview from the EU Observer...

b4jLe1.png
b4jLe1.png (290.48 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
MdV
The Euro Information Website and Forum Administrator
theeuro
Site Admin

Re: New banknote series- image

Postby melitikus » 20 Dec 2008, 22:07

theeuro wrote:In case anyone is wondering what the new series of banknotes are going to look like- here is a preview from the EU Observer...

b4jLe1.png

When I was reading the EU observer, I have noticed that the euro banknotes (which are also shown here) look different from the ones that we use. At first I though that they might be from the second series but if you look well, the term euro is not written in Cyrillic as well and if you zoom very well Malta is not included on the map, which both should be on the 2nd series.
melitikus
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby Illioplius » 20 Dec 2008, 23:16

And Cyprus there isn't too...
Illioplius
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby melitikus » 21 Dec 2008, 11:59

Illioplius wrote:And Cyprus there isn't too...

yes,
these banknotes look more like a pre version of the current ones - maybe a test version
melitikus
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby theeuro » 21 Dec 2008, 19:11

melitikus wrote:

yes,
these banknotes look more like a pre version of the current ones - maybe a test version

These are definitely not test versions.
MdV
theeuro
Site Admin

Postby melitikus » 21 Dec 2008, 19:27

theeuro wrote:
melitikus wrote:

yes,

so if they were the next series how do you explain that Malta and Cyprus are not on the map and more evidently EURO is not in Cyrillic?!
melitikus
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby theeuro » 22 Dec 2008, 00:47

melitikus wrote:
theeuro wrote:
melitikus wrote:

yes,

so if they were the next series how do you explain that Malta and Cyprus are not on the map and more evidently EURO is not in Cyrillic?!

The image depicts the basic concept of what the second series of Euro notes will look like. Keep in mind that the new series is going to be 'phased in' beginning with the 5 Euro denomination in 2010. The only depiction I can see in this image that shows either the spelling of 'EURO' or a map is on the 100 Euro note. This particular denomination is not going to be in circulation for another 4-5 years or so. Alot can happen during that time.
MdV
theeuro
Site Admin

Postby Miguel.mateo » 22 Dec 2008, 06:57

Is there any official schedule of when all the notes will be release? I will be very interested in collecting those new notes too ...

Thanks,
Miguel
Miguel.mateo
500 Posts
500 Posts

Postby theeuro » 22 Dec 2008, 08:49

Miguel.mateo wrote:Is there any official schedule of when all the notes will be release? I will be very interested in collecting those new notes too ...

Thanks,
Miguel

No exact schedule yet... the notes are handled a little differently than the coins. I'm only aware of what the images look like and a loose time frame for issuance. Since the notes are only released by the ECB, the schedule will not be exact because they are not 'time sensitive'. Additionally, the question of notifying the NCBs via the OJ is still unanswered. I probably will know when they are released at the same time as everyone else and probably in the same manner. I've seen the images but do not have copies of them... they do not fall within the mandate of the website.
MdV
theeuro
Site Admin

Postby melitikus » 22 Dec 2008, 11:27

theeuro wrote:The only depiction I can see in this image that shows either the spelling of 'EURO' or a map is on the 100 Euro note. This particular denomination is not going to be in circulation for another 4-5 years or so. Alot can happen during that time.

No!
Click on the image, then it will enlarge and the 10EUR banknote will be depicted all - so it's not like you are saying that only the 100EUR is showing the term EURO
melitikus
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby melitikus » 22 Dec 2008, 11:37

Also Wikipedia says that "Three more abbreviations of the European Central Bank name will have to be included on the banknotes: the Cyrillic (ЕЦБ), Hungarian (EKB) and Polish (EBC)" to the current 5. So how come that these new banknotes are still showing five and not 8???

dont tell me that they missed all these details!?
No Malta and Cyprus on the Map
No Cyrillic (ЕЦБ), Hungarian (EKB) and Polish (EBC) abbreviations of the ECB
No Cyrillic EURO (евро )
melitikus
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby theeuro » 23 Dec 2008, 08:09

melitikus wrote:Also Wikipedia says that "Three more abbreviations of the European Central Bank name will have to be included on the banknotes: the Cyrillic (ЕЦБ), Hungarian (EKB) and Polish (EBC)" to the current 5. So how come that these new banknotes are still showing five and not 8???

dont tell me that they missed all these details!?
No Malta and Cyprus on the Map
No Cyrillic (ЕЦБ), Hungarian (EKB) and Polish (EBC) abbreviations of the ECB
No Cyrillic EURO (евро )

They've not missed anything. The abbreviations and maps and lettering is the last thing to be updated. The designs, security features, MICR ink, etc is the first thing. The red arch in the 10 Euro note is drawn not with a solid line, but with micro printing. Having seen an actual note for the next series, I can * you that no detail has been left behind. The image is one from a brochure sent to retailers and banks as part of a promotion of education on the next series and were not really meant as 'cannon law' as far as the design is concerned. In these cases, a 'wait and see' approach is best... please try to remember that in matters concerning the ECB, nothing is certain until the day after it happens.
MdV
theeuro
Site Admin

Postby Collector's Life » 02 Feb 2009, 23:55

You don't remember these pictures? :?:
I think these are the official pictures which were released in 2001 to do not show too many details of the new notes before their introduction. It's difficult to see, but isn't there a 2001 on the 10 € note?
Collector's Life

Postby melitikus » 24 Feb 2010, 22:14

any news about the new series?
melitikus
100 Posts
100 Posts

Postby jankaz » 09 Oct 2010, 23:04

theeuro wrote:In case anyone is wondering what the new series of banknotes are going to look like- here is a preview from the EU Observer...

b4jLe1.png

No! This are TEST VERSION notes! I saw this notes long time ago on a publication, before the apparition of the current notes.
jankaz
1 Post
1 Post

Next

Return to Banknotes