XML News from Wednesday, January 6, 2010
What I've learned about eXist so far:
- I can use virtual hosting to run it, either at Rackspace Cloud, Amazon EC2, or right here on IBiblio; and use Jetty as my web server.
- However I probably should proxy it behind Apache anyway.
- I can upload files into the repository.
- I can execute simple XQueries using the XQuery sandbox.
What I still don't know:
- How to address the documents I upload from inside the XQuery sandbox; and in general how to manage and manipulate collections.
xquery version "1.0";
declare namespace xmldb="http://exist-db.org/xquery/xmldb";
for $foo in collection("/db/collectionname")