[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: divorce

I do not have my GNT with me, but have considered the question of 1 Tim 3:2
before.  I will suggest some things to consider.

By restricting your study to the phrase "MIAS GUNAIKOS ANDRA" you are
losing some valuable information in the epistle.  The author also
discusses a "one man woman": only such are to be eligible for assistance
as elderly widows.  In the same epistle _young widows_ are counselled to
remarry. The phrase, therefore, seems to refer to polygamy, not successive
spouses, else the writer is disqualifying young women from later
aid!