Tyndale House GNT with dictionary

Lexicons, Grammars, Reading Guides, History, Culture, and Background
Matthew Longhorn

Tyndale House GNT with dictionary

Post by Matthew Longhorn »

I quite like Greek New Testaments with a dictionary as a handy alternative to interlinears where I can't access via my mobile/pc. This one with the THGNT is coming out in December - might be useful for some students

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1433579642/ ... _lig_dp_it
Reflecting decades of scholarly advances, The Greek New Testament, Produced at Tyndale House, Cambridge was created under the oversight of editors Dr. Dirk Jongkind (St. Edmund's College, University of Cambridge) and Dr. Peter Williams (Tyndale House, Cambridge). Their team took a rigorously philological approach to reevaluating the standard text--reexamining spelling and paragraph decisions as well as allowing more recent discoveries related to scribal habits to inform editorial decisions.

This edition features an exhaustive dictionary, giving readers a tool for rewarding study. Eliminating the need to frequently reference other materials, this resource with the added dictionary is ideal for students, pastors, and those who are less familiar with Greek.

Exhaustive dictionary
Ribbon marker
Smyth-sewn binding
David Fish

Re: Tyndale House GNT with dictionary

Post by David Fish »

Thanks, Matthew, for posting this. For those in the US, the Amazon link is: https://www.amazon.com/Testament-Produc ... 954&sr=8-1.

I am wondering what the dictionaray will be like. I assume that it would be similar to the Barclay Newman one sold with UBS texts (in size). I would like to know more about the dictionary included.
David Fish
Ozark Christian College
Joplin, MO
dfish@occ.edu
Matthew Longhorn

David Fish wrote: July 15th, 2021, 8:29 am I am wondering what the dictionaray will be like. I assume that it would be similar to the Barclay Newman one sold with UBS texts (in size). I would like to know more about the dictionary included.
I scoured the internet and couldn’t find any photos of it. Perhaps post a question on Nerdy Language Majors on Facebook to see if anyone can share a photo from the readers edition which also has a dictionary (presumably the same or similar to this one). If you aren’t part of that group I can post a message
S Walch

Post by S Walch »

Hello David,

I emailed Elijah Hixon who worked on the original THGNT, and from his correspondence it looks as though Tyndale House themselves have had no input with regards to the dictionary in this edition. From the sound of things, it's a new one compiled by Crossway themselves. You perchance could email them and see if they can provide more information: info@crossway.org
Matthew Longhorn

Here is a clip from the electronic version in Logos that I for some reason hadn't cancelled as a pre-order and need to
THGNT.png
THGNT.png (75.25 KiB) Viewed 1670 times

Return to “Books”