Barthélemy - The Precursors of Aquila

Lexicons, Grammars, Reading Guides, History, Culture, and Background
Matthew Longhorn

Barthélemy - The Precursors of Aquila

Post by Matthew Longhorn »

https://brill.com/display/title/65132?r ... S&result=4
This ground-breaking study in Septuagint translation technique is, after sixty years, finally available to an English-speaking audience. Barthélemy provides us with a first look at the fragments of the Greek Minor Prophets Scroll from the Cave of Horror and embarks on a careful examination of this scroll’s place in the history of Septuagint translation and revision. He poses questions and answers that have yet to be fully explored. Devanciers d’Aquila is described as “epoch-making” (Robert Kraft—Gnomon), “a stimulating contribution” (Sidney Jellicoe—Journal of the American Oriental Society), and “a monograph of singular importance” (Geza Vermes–Journal of Semitic Studies)
Matthew Longhorn

Re: Barthélemy - The Precursors of Aquila

Published
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

Thanks for the notice on this one.
Mike Atnip
May I not debate presumptuously; may I not be silent impudently. May I learn beneficial speech; may I acquire discerning silence. -Ephrem the Syrian
Matthew Longhorn

mikeatnip wrote: February 12th, 2024, 9:52 am Thanks for the notice on this one.
No worries. Wasn’t sure whether is should do a sweep through stuff I posted in the past and ensure a publication notice is added to all those where I have not added it.
Thoughts? I don’t want to spam
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

It doesn't bother me. I just ignore the posts for books that are not in my current interest.
Mike Atnip
May I not debate presumptuously; may I not be silent impudently. May I learn beneficial speech; may I acquire discerning silence. -Ephrem the Syrian

Return to “Books”