Pao - 1-2 Timothy - Brill Exegetical Commentary Series

Lexicons, Grammars, Reading Guides, History, Culture, and Background
Matthew Longhorn

Pao - 1-2 Timothy - Brill Exegetical Commentary Series

Post by Matthew Longhorn »

Could be interesting, a new commentary series supposedly a focus on the Greek text with Stanley Porter as editor
The Brill Exegetical Commentary Series delivers critical commentaries on the books of the New Testament. Each volume presents detailed comments organized in four major sections: textual criticism, linguistically informed exegesis, history, and theology. This structure intentionally highlights the unique contribution of each area, with the overall focus always placed upon exegesis that pays attention to the language of the text. Commentators bring the latest research to bear and seek to inform readers about the particular biblical book, rather than provide a compendium of the opinions of others. Each commentary is designed to make a substantial contribution to New Testament scholarship in its several different important facets, but particularly in its attention to the Greek text as the center of the commentary task. The Brill Exegetical Commentary Series will be an essential resources for all advanced students and scholars of the New Testament.
https://brill.com/display/title/60902
Matthew Longhorn

Re: Pao - 1-2 Timothy - Brill Exegetical Commentary Series

Now published
Matthew Longhorn

Brill and Degruyter are forming into a publishing house called De Gruyter Brill.
I truly hope this means that the books Degruyter were publishing don’t shoot up in price to match Brills. They have been more reasonable, but still painful up to now

https://brill.com/display/post/news/br ... anguage=en
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

I was hoping Brill would buy Peeters and make some of their books available in digital format, at least. Like Muraoka's LLX lexicon in Accordance or Logos.
Mike Atnip
May I not debate presumptuously; may I not be silent impudently. May I learn beneficial speech; may I acquire discerning silence. -Ephrem the Syrian

Return to “Books”