Software request - making Greek available on older systems.

Bible Study software, Unicode, Fonts, Keyboards, creating Web pages in Greek, and other software issues.
Stephen Hughes

Re: Software request - making Greek available on older syste

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Jonathan Robie wrote:
Stephen Hughes wrote:Embedded fonts allow fonts not inherent on the system to be displayed. The code to use is @font-face.
I can look into embedded fonts for the B-Greek site ... I'll need help testing it, since the browser test software assumes more modern software.
If the fonts are embedded of the B-Greek or any other site, so as not to increase bandwidth for everybody, there might be able to be a test for whether the fonts are needed before they are downloaded. After I factory reset my phone it took a few minutes before all the characters became visible in katabiblon.com I suppose that was tje time taken for the font to reload. If that didn't need to happen every time, and only on devices that needed it, it may be better.
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Eeli Kaikkonen

Re: Software request - making Greek available on older syste

Post by Eeli Kaikkonen »

Stephen Hughes wrote: After I factory reset my phone it took a few minutes before all the characters became visible in katabiblon.com I suppose that was tje time taken for the font to reload. If that didn't need to happen every time, and only on devices that needed it, it may be better.
Is it possible that katabiblon.com has one large font file for all possible languages? Is it possible to use only smaller subsets? See https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/guidelines/ for how to support certain languages/scripts.

Return to “Software”