Microsoft Word macro to convert BibleWorks Greek font to Unicode

Bible Study software, Unicode, Fonts, Keyboards, creating Web pages in Greek, and other software issues.
Randy Leedy

Microsoft Word macro to convert BibleWorks Greek font to Unicode

Post by Randy Leedy »

I've developed a VBA macro for Microsoft Word that converts BibleWorks Greek font (bwgrkl) to Unicode, using the output font of your choice from those installed on your particular system. It has been tested extensively in Windows; not much if at all on the Mac.

The macro is available for download at www.NTGreekGuy.com (where you'll find some additional information) on a shareware basis. I would like to toss it out into the public domain for free, but I find myself in a situation in life (described in a previous thread on this topic a few moments ago) requiring me to scramble for income. So any donation at all is most welcome, with no questions asked and no complaints about its being too small. Payment details are posted at the site.

It occurs to me as I write that I may be venturing out of bounds by advertising. Perhaps I should check forum policies before posting. But I don't recall such a prohibition, and I do think that this macro can be of significant usefulness to our guild even if nobody remunerates me, so I will venture the post and hope for the best. My apology if I am in fact out of bounds; I will not complain if board authorities delete the thread.

Blessings in Christ! (Acts 3:26),

Randy Leedy
Greenville, SC
dougknighton

Re: Microsoft Word macro to convert BibleWorks Greek font to Unicode

Post by dougknighton »

Thanks for making the template available. I've downloaded and installed it. Works perfectly in Word 2016. Paypal payment is on the way.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Randy Leedy wrote: August 15th, 2019, 5:48 pm It occurs to me as I write that I may be venturing out of bounds by advertising. Perhaps I should check forum policies before posting.
Well, yes, our rules do say you need to ask before advertising, and I would appreciate it if people would please do that.
No advertisements or job-postings are allowed without the approval of the list-owner, Jonathan Robie (jonathan.robie@ibiblio.org). Please clear your requests before posting. Those directly related to the subject matter of B-Greek will probably be approved.
I would have said yes. I now have.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Randy Leedy

Post by Randy Leedy »

Very sorry for the breach of protocol, Jonathan. Thank you for the gracious allowance!

Randy
Randy Leedy

Post by Randy Leedy »

I noticed in working with this macro a bit this evening that the instructions I provided as text within the document are not consistent with the file type in which I presented the macro (a macro-enabled template, .dotm). The instructions presume, rather, a macro-enabled document (.docm). Though the template is slightly more efficient for those familiar with their functionality, the document is more user-friendly for others. Since the macro provides a one-click installation as a startup template that should work on most Windows systems, delivering it in .docm rather than .dotm form shouldn't be much of an inconvenience to anyone and a considerable help to some.

I have now updated the file at the web site to provide the .docm version. If anyone downloaded the template earlier and had any trouble making it work or finding or following the instructions, this update should help, and I suggest trying again, with my apology for the inconvenience.

Randy Leedy
www.NTGreekGuy.com

Return to “Software”