Complete Josephus

Links to resources found on the Web, upcoming events, get-togethers, and other cool stuff that Greek lovers should know about.
Barry Hofstetter

Complete Josephus

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Not sure of the best place to put this, but it's cool, so here. The complete works of Josephus in Greek are available from Logos for $2.49, $1.60 with student discount.

https://www.logos.com/product/25450/the ... 3GnlK65w2w
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Kirk Lowery

Re: Complete Josephus

Post by Kirk Lowery »

Barry,

Thanks for the heads-up. Sold.

Blessings,
Kirk
Kirk E. Lowery
Devenios Doulenios

Post by Devenios Doulenios »

Does anybody know if this module and the Duke Papyri set mentioned recently work with the free version of Logos?

My budget doesn't permit me to get the full version. I decided not to get the free version earlier when I found that the only original language Bible texts it supports are interlinears. But if it supports these items it would be worth getting.
Dewayne Dulaney
Δεβένιος Δουλένιος

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

"Ὁδοὶ δύο εἰσί, μία τῆς ζωῆς καὶ μία τοῦ θανάτου."--Διδαχή Α, α'
Barry Hofstetter

Devenios Doulenios wrote: May 27th, 2019, 3:30 pm Does anybody know if this module and the Duke Papyri set mentioned recently work with the free version of Logos?

My budget doesn't permit me to get the full version. I decided not to get the free version earlier when I found that the only original language Bible texts it supports are interlinears. But if it supports these items it would be worth getting.
Really? I supported anything when I downloaded the free version, but that was 4 or 5, and I used the SBL text (which was also free). I've since surrendered and upgraded to Logos Silver, but never was restricted to only interlinears. Yuch.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Barry Hofstetter

Devenios Doulenios wrote: May 27th, 2019, 3:30 pm Does anybody know if this module and the Duke Papyri set mentioned recently work with the free version of Logos?

Really? It supported anything when I downloaded the free version, but that was 4 or 5, and I used the SBL text (which was also free). I've since surrendered and upgraded to Logos Silver, but never was restricted to only interlinears. Yuch.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Daniel Semler

Post by Daniel Semler »

I've not used Logos in a number of years - maybe since 6. But it was always the free version - wasn't going to buy into two top of the line solutions if I could help it. Though I would like the discourse NT, and perhaps the cascadia syntax.

Anyhow, as an experiment I downloaded Logos 8 Basic (and redownloaded my library of freebies which they still remembered). And then I was able to install the Duke Databank of Documentary Papyrus. Seems to work fine.

Thx
D
Daniel Semler

Post by Daniel Semler »

And I'm not restricted to interlinears either.

Thx
D
Devenios Doulenios

Post by Devenios Doulenios »

Thanks for the replies. It was a year or so ago, and I don't recall which Logos Basic version it was. It could be that I didn't spend enough time looking at the available options and wrongly concluded that the interlinears were the only original language Bibles offered.

I'll look into it further now. I currently use the Olive Tree software with several free modules (Hebrew Westminister Leningrad Codex for OT, SBL Greek NT, Latin Vulgate. Seemingly OT doesn't offer a free LXX module. I have it available however in other software.
Dewayne Dulaney
Δεβένιος Δουλένιος

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

"Ὁδοὶ δύο εἰσί, μία τῆς ζωῆς καὶ μία τοῦ θανάτου."--Διδαχή Α, α'

Return to “Cool Stuff”