Statistical Restoration

Tell us about interesting projects involving biblical Greek. Collaborative projects involving biblical Greek may use this forum for their communication - please contact jonathan.robie@ibiblio.org if you want to use this forum for your project.
andley

Re: Statistical Restoration

Post by andley »

Excellent work, Alan, Many thanks for your ministry.

Would you care to explain the meaning of "Koine" "ESN" ?
Verse Text Koine Lemma ESN Role Morphology

Moreover, is it possible to also include "Interlinear" into SR database ?
Andley Chang
Alan Bunning

Post by Alan Bunning »

andley wrote: October 18th, 2022, 6:15 pm Excellent work, Alan, Many thanks for your ministry.

Would you care to explain the meaning of "Koine" "ESN" ?
Verse Text Koine Lemma ESN Role Morphology

Moreover, is it possible to also include "Interlinear" into SR database ?
“Koine” is a probabilistic attempt to represent the word in its original orthography, based on the earliest manuscripts. Thanks for asking, for it gives me a shameless opportunity to plug my upcoming talk at the upcoming SBL conference in Denver on November 20 entitled, “Considerations for Statistical Reconstruction of the Original Orthography of the New Testament”, where that will be discussed.

“ESN” stands for Enhanced Strong’s Number which is described in more detail in the CNTR Technical Reference document.

I think you might be asking if I could add an interlinear column to the SR data, and the answer is that it is being worked on, but it will take quite a while before it is a finished product.

Also wondering when a moderator will step in and chide you for getting away with only “andley” as a userid. :) Wow, I see you are an old timer as you have been a user since 2011!
andley

Post by andley »

Thanks for the clarification.

Looking forward to the interlinear column in SR data.
Andley Chang

Return to “Projects”