Markeing stuff in put in one folder

Anything related to Biblical Greek that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Stirling Bartholomew

Markeing stuff in put in one folder

Post by Stirling Bartholomew »

IN the last several days we have had a wave of marketing on the forum. This stuff should be segregated so we don't have to read a 500 word post to discover at the end they are promoting a book not asking a question. We have a lot stealth marketing that is much more subtle but not really subtle in the long run. The stealth marketing has been going on for decades. Using the forum to promote your business.

I suggest this stuff should be flagged for instant identification or relegated to a obscure place of its own.
C. Stirling Bartholomew
Jonathan Robie

Re: Markeing stuff in put in one folder

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Our policy requires people to ask me before advertising.

I count two such posts in recent days. Each has a title that makes it pretty obvious, and the text of each is quite clear, nothing subtle about the fact that these are things available for sale, nothing stealthy about either of them:
Am I missing something? I don't see enough volume to think there's a big problem here. I think each of these could be interesting to some forum members. One of them asked in advance, the other knows to do that next time.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Stirling Bartholomew

Post by Stirling Bartholomew »

Jonathan Robie wrote: December 20th, 2017, 1:22 pm Our policy requires people to ask me before advertising.

I count two such posts in recent days. Each has a title that makes it pretty obvious, and the text of each is quite clear, nothing subtle about the fact that these are things available for sale, nothing stealthy about either of them:
Am I missing something? I don't see enough volume to think there's a big problem here. I think each of these could be interesting to some forum members. One of them asked in advance, the other knows to do that next time.
Thanks Jonathan,

I'm really not concerned about the stuff that's obviously for sale. Have no objection to recommendations resources people have found useful. Stealth marketing is a different deal. It looks at first like one thing ends up being another thing. If you haven't noticed it, probably because it's being done very subtly and we've all gotten used to it. No big deal, I can just flag the perpetrators and ignore their contributions altogether. I've been doing that for years.
C. Stirling Bartholomew
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

You can report any post to me using the [!] button that appears at the top of each post. Please do that for any posts that you think fall into this category.
Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 1.33.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 1.33.08 PM.png (10.25 KiB) Viewed 10220 times
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Other”