Introduction

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
yeeks

Introduction

Post by yeeks »

Hi everyone.

My name is Yee Kiat, Tan (Asian name. So family name = Tan, name = Yee Kiat).
I am a first year Greek student at Singapore Bible College. Currently doing my M.Div. Hope to use this platform to further my learning.
Yee Kiat, Tan
M. Div Candidate - Singapore Bible College
Jason Hare

Re: Introduction

Post by Jason Hare »

yeeks wrote: March 27th, 2023, 9:17 pm Hi everyone.

My name is Yee Kiat, Tan (Asian name. So family name = Tan, name = Yee Kiat).
I am a first year Greek student at Singapore Bible College. Currently doing my M.Div. Hope to use this platform to further my learning.
χάρις σοι καὶ εἰρήνη, ὦ φίλτατε Ἰκίατε. Good luck in your studies. Let us know if you have any questions or challenges in your learning!
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
yeeks

Post by yeeks »

Thanks for the welcome. That's the first time I've seen my name in Greek :lol:
Yee Kiat, Tan
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

yeeks wrote: March 29th, 2023, 5:08 am Thanks for the welcome. That's the first time I've seen my name in Greek :lol:
τί νῦν μανθάνετε ἐν τοῖς μαθήμασιν ὑμῶν; What are you learning in your studies now?
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
yeeks

Post by yeeks »

Jason Hare wrote: March 30th, 2023, 5:04 pm
yeeks wrote: March 29th, 2023, 5:08 am Thanks for the welcome. That's the first time I've seen my name in Greek :lol:
τί νῦν μανθάνετε ἐν τοῖς μαθήμασιν ὑμῶν; What are you learning in your studies now?
In my first semester, we basically went through the alphabet, o Nouns, η Nouns, το Nouns. The different morphology for the verbs (number, voice, mood, person, tense), and what is aspect.

The second semester basically builds on that. It covers verbal aspect, infinitives, particles, and conjunctions. There was also an introduction to using the NA28 Apparatus for criticism which was pretty cool.

I think I can do some basic reading in Greek. I find I still rely too much on Logos and not my memory for determining the morphology.
Yee Kiat, Tan
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

yeeks wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:46 am In my first semester, we basically went through the alphabet, o Nouns, η Nouns, το Nouns. The different morphology for the verbs (number, voice, mood, person, tense), and what is aspect.

The second semester basically builds on that. It covers verbal aspect, infinitives, particles, and conjunctions. There was also an introduction to using the NA28 Apparatus for criticism which was pretty cool.

I think I can do some basic reading in Greek. I find I still rely too much on Logos and not my memory for determining the morphology.
Do you spend any time reading the text, just reading for enjoyment? You covered the verb tenses, right?
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
yeeks

Post by yeeks »

Jason Hare wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 7:26 pm
yeeks wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 10:46 am In my first semester, we basically went through the alphabet, o Nouns, η Nouns, το Nouns. The different morphology for the verbs (number, voice, mood, person, tense), and what is aspect.

Do you spend any time reading the text, just reading for enjoyment? You covered the verb tenses, right?
Yes we did cover the tenses.
I do read the Greek text as much as I can. I try to open it every time I come to a New Testament passage. I still rely on having the English parallel side by side. The aim is to one day get by without that.
Yee Kiat, Tan

Return to “Introductions”