Hello everyone

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Scott Verreault

Hello everyone

Post by Scott Verreault »

I have taken the liberty of updating your screen name to reflect your real name, via B-Greek policy -- BH

My name is Scott Verreault and I am married with two children and another on the way!

I have just started learning Greek. I have purchased a Koine Greek New Testament ( Textus Receptus ) and a book for beginners.

So yes... I am a beginner.

My main purpose to learn Greek is to increase my knowledge of the inspired Word of God - mainly to learn more about the Author of this Divine Book who is my Lord and Saviour. I am quite familiar with the King James Version but I truly believe there is so much to uncover and blessed truths to discover by being able to read and understand Greek.

I look forward to being on this forum!
Attachments
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 7640 times
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0228.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 7640 times
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 7640 times
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome to B-Greek, Scott. Feel free to ask questions or contribute any time. We have a number of autodidacts on this forum who can well advise you on your studies, as well as people (like me) who actually took courses at institutions... :)
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Shirley Rollinson

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

Scott Verreault wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:33 am I have taken the liberty of updating your screen name to reflect your real name, via B-Greek policy -- BH

My name is Scott Verreault and I am married with two children and another on the way!

I have just started learning Greek. I have purchased a Koine Greek New Testament ( Textus Receptus ) and a book for beginners.

So yes... I am a beginner.

My main purpose to learn Greek is to increase my knowledge of the inspired Word of God - mainly to learn more about the Author of this Divine Book who is my Lord and Saviour. I am quite familiar with the King James Version but I truly believe there is so much to uncover and blessed truths to discover by being able to read and understand Greek.

I look forward to being on this forum!
Dear Scott -
Welcome to B-Greek.
A word of warning about Dobson's Greek textbook - there are a number of typos in it. I used to use it for teaching, but gave up using it because with each new edition there seemed to be more and more typos in it. Some of them can be really confusing for a beginner, particularly if there isn't a teacher to point them out. You're welcome to try the online textbook at http://www.drshirley.org/greek/textbook02/index.html
It's modeled on Dobson's method, but includes a bit more grammar
All best wishes with your studies
Shirley Rollinson
Paul-Nitz

Post by Paul-Nitz »

Scott, Shirley's book is good.
Paul D. Nitz - Lilongwe Malawi

Return to “Introductions”