Hi!

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Yama Ploskonka

Hi!

Post by Yama Ploskonka »

Hi y'all!

I tried to introduce myself in detail explaining what I do, what I want to do, what I want to learn, and what I need help with, but I must have done something wrong, because I got this message:
Topic disapproved: "Eirene kai agatha! toward "A Little Knowledge of Bible Greek""
Forum: Introductions
Reason: The reported message is off topic..

So let it be this my introduction...

BTW, I cannot figure out how to change my user name to my real name, a change that apparently is required?

Best to y'all

Yama Ploskonka
Yama Ploskonka, papermaker since 2016 in Austin, Texas, very noob in Koine stuffs
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Hi!

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome, Yama. I don't know what triggered the rejection of your previous post. I have gone ahead and done your screen name change.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Yama Ploskonka

Post by Yama Ploskonka »

Hey Barry, thanks. Only now catching up.

Wish y'all had emailed me or something about the username change, I was getting slightly antsy, because until I guessed that my username had been changed, I couldn't log in, and I was wondering why... :P

Being me, I would have preferred to keep ''yamaplos'', and have my real name in the sig, but I can live with this one, might as well leave things this way I guess.

Speaking of, brother, would it be possible that this policy, and other equally major ones were very obvious at the top of the sign-in page?

The current sign-in page has the usual yadda-yadda of no sex or illegal or anything bad, but no word about the "real name" thing.
Having to fix that for most users is not only extra work for y'all, but also seems to be the initial interaction many have with the forum, which, in my humble opinion, is not the best first impression. Pardon me for me telling you how to do your job, that isn't either the best first interaction, time for a smiley, here, :D . It was an interesting few hours trying to figure out why I could not log in, afraid of the worst, knowing there was no rational reason anything bad would have happened, :D

Seriously now, the time so far that I have spent exploring the forum has been priceless.

Thanks to what i have read so far, I have been able to avoid several errors in the book I am putting together (some of which will be released as CC), even better, my attitude toward several touchy issues regarding learning and teaching Bible Greek has mellowed, thanks to generously shared knowledge and friendly opinion here.
Now being back in, I am happy.
Yama Ploskonka, papermaker since 2016 in Austin, Texas, very noob in Koine stuffs
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Yama Ploskonka wrote: August 5th, 2020, 5:32 pm Hey Barry, thanks. Only now catching up.

Wish y'all had emailed me or something about the username change, I was getting slightly antsy, because until I guessed that my username had been changed, I couldn't log in, and I was wondering why... :P

Being me, I would have preferred to keep ''yamaplos'', and have my real name in the sig, but I can live with this one, might as well leave things this way I guess.

Speaking of, brother, would it be possible that this policy, and other equally major ones were very obvious at the top of the sign-in page?

The current sign-in page has the usual yadda-yadda of no sex or illegal or anything bad, but no word about the "real name" thing.
Having to fix that for most users is not only extra work for y'all, but also seems to be the initial interaction many have with the forum, which, in my humble opinion, is not the best first impression. Pardon me for me telling you how to do your job, that isn't either the best first interaction, time for a smiley, here, :D . It was an interesting few hours trying to figure out why I could not log in, afraid of the worst, knowing there was no rational reason anything bad would have happened, :D

Seriously now, the time so far that I have spent exploring the forum has been priceless.

Thanks to what i have read so far, I have been able to avoid several errors in the book I am putting together (some of which will be released as CC), even better, my attitude toward several touchy issues regarding learning and teaching Bible Greek has mellowed, thanks to generously shared knowledge and friendly opinion here.
Now being back in, I am happy.
The preference is to have the real name as the actual screen name, and thank you for accepting that. Glad to hear that you are benefitting from being on the forum.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”