Newcomer 1st Post

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
JimmyH

Newcomer 1st Post

Post by JimmyH »

I'm a 71 year old fellow who is self studying κοινε Greek. I have learned the alphabet, and a few hundred words of vocabulary. I came across your excellent forum through a Google search and very happy to have found it. Thank y'all for having me, and I hope to learn from my time here.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Newcomer 1st Post

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome to B-Greek! Feel free to ask questions as you learn.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Jason Hare

Re: Newcomer 1st Post

Post by Jason Hare »

JimmyH wrote: September 6th, 2020, 12:30 pm I'm a 71 year old fellow who is self studying κοινε Greek. I have learned the alphabet, and a few hundred words of vocabulary. I came across your excellent forum through a Google search and very happy to have found it. Thank y'all for having me, and I hope to learn from my time here.
The κοινή is really a direct child of the ἀττική (the dialect of Athens). Have you considered studying Greek more broadly? Welcome to the study of the language. :)

Are you using any primer or basic grammar book to get into the language? That's quite a journey to begin at 71! I wish you the best of success. As questions here. There are lots of talented folks on the forum.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel

Return to “Introductions”