Introduction - Amy S Anderson

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
asanders@usfamily.net

Introduction - Amy S Anderson

Post by asanders@usfamily.net »

Greetings!

I happened upon this group today while searching for articles for a chapter I will be writing in an Oxford handbook. I was the main Greek instructor at North Central University since 1999 until my "retirement" this year. I hope to continue to teach Greek, either privately or as an adjunct. I learned Greek using Stephen Paine, followed by a variety of methods and books, including passing the Graecum exam in Germany. Paine's mildly inductive approach led me to build a grammar of my own that is both more inductive and more friendly for beginning students.

Amy
Jason Hare

Re: Introduction - Amy S Anderson

Post by Jason Hare »

asanders@usfamily.net wrote: July 25th, 2021, 4:17 pm Greetings!

I happened upon this group today while searching for articles for a chapter I will be writing in an Oxford handbook. I was the main Greek instructor at North Central University since 1999 until my "retirement" this year. I hope to continue to teach Greek, either privately or as an adjunct. I learned Greek using Stephen Paine, followed by a variety of methods and books, including passing the Graecum exam in Germany. Paine's mildly inductive approach led me to build a grammar of my own that is both more inductive and more friendly for beginning students.

Amy
Hi, Amy! Welcome to B-Greek!!

Would you mind adding your name to your signature in the Control Panel? That would help you conform to the group's administrative policy on usernames.

Glad you've joined us.

Jason
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Shirley Rollinson

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

Amy
Welcome, Amy
Where did you study in Germany?
I was in Heidelberg for 9 years, though as a scientist rather than a Greek scholar. Now I'm in New Mexico :-)
I never used Paine, but I too ended up writing a textbook for my students.
Shirley Rollinson
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Paine's mildly inductive approach led me to build a grammar of my own that is both more inductive and more friendly for beginning students.

Amy
Is your textbook published? If so, plenty of people here would like to have a look at it...
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”