Introduction: Clive Govier

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Clive

Introduction: Clive Govier

Post by Clive »

I studied Greek at London Bible College (1965) with the Univ. Lon. Hons. (UK) syllabus. I'm now retired, and would like to improve my knowledge of koine Greek, as it relates to textual criticism. I earned an MA with Edith Cowan University (1996) on The Majority Text Debate. My birthdate is 1941. I preceded my Univ Lon. degree with two years study at Moody Bible Institute, Chicago. This stimulated my interest in academic Bible and Theology. I like studying Dean John Burgon's writings, where he advocates for the Textus Receptus, teaching what he called "the seven notes of truth". I belong to a local Sydney Anglican Church (St. John's, Mona Vale) and help with the music (Bass, Keys, Sound Mixer).
betterwou

Re: Introduction: Clive Govier

Post by betterwou »

Hello, I also just graduated from London Bible College. What a coincidence
Jason Hare

Re: Introduction: Clive Govier

Post by Jason Hare »

betterwou wrote: March 5th, 2024, 5:24 am Hello, I also just graduated from London Bible College. What a coincidence
Could you please add your real name to your signature in conformance to our policy on user names and profiles? I would like to be sure that this is not an AI spam posting. Thank you.

If this isn’t done within the next couple of days, the user data will be deleted from the system.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Bonitaj

Re: Introduction:

Post by Bonitaj »

Hello -
I've just signed up for an ANCIENT GREEK COURSE via an online university in SOUTH AFRICA. I happened to have done Biblical Studies in the 70's - although I had no idea that the substance of the course I'm about to do, will incorporate biblical texts throughout - so it's a double win for me.
I had assumed that just the idea of being able to "read" Greek would be a sufficient motivation to study the subject - now, together with the link up to this forum - so many more possibilities exist.
looking forward to maintaining contact as I progress along. Course officially starts on April 1st.
Thank you
Bonitaj
Bonitaj

Return to “Introductions”