Introduction

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Adrian Gear

Introduction

Post by Adrian Gear »

Hello! I'm Adrian
I'm currently a high school senior who has had an interest in Greek for some time. I taught myself first-year Greek with Mounce and second-year with Wallace, and I'm currently working on reading through the GNT (I have an NA28 as well as the free logos SBLGNT). Also working on Hebrew, and I know enough textual criticism to be dangerous without knowing enough to be constructive... oh well.
This forum seems pretty cool and I'll enjoy learning a lot!
Adrian Gear
Jason Hare

Re: Introduction

Post by Jason Hare »

BigXenon wrote: August 13th, 2023, 6:16 pm Hello! I'm Adrian
I'm currently a high school senior who has had an interest in Greek for some time. I taught myself first-year Greek with Mounce and second-year with Wallace, and I'm currently working on reading through the GNT (I have an NA28 as well as the free logos SBLGNT). Also working on Hebrew, and I know enough textual criticism to be dangerous without knowing enough to be constructive... oh well.
How exciting! I started NT Greek as a high school senior, too. I basically memorized the first twenty chapters of Mounce’s Basics of Biblical Greek before going to Bible college the following year. My Hebrew study didn’t begin until two years later (my second year of college). Now I’m more than advanced in Hebrew and fairly good in Greek (Hebrew caught on to my brain more naturally than Greek—even until today). Good luck in your studies! Feel free to ask questions and let us know about your successes and frustrations. We also have a sister forum for Hebrew, if you’re interested (B-Hebrew).

Just one thing... we like to know who people are on this forum. I’m pretty sure that “BigXenon” isn’t your real name, so I would ask that you put your name in the signature line of your profile so that we can know who we’re interacting with. You can find information on the group’s naming policy here and change your signature here. Welcome to B-Greek!
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Jonathan Robie

Re: Introduction

Post by Jonathan Robie »

BigXenon wrote: August 13th, 2023, 6:16 pm Hello! I'm Adrian
Welcome, Adrian! Very happy to see you here!
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”