Intro: Brian Phillips

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Brian Phillips

Intro: Brian Phillips

Post by Brian Phillips »

I am going through a refresher course of Basics of Biblical Greek, William Mounce. I first went through this course about 25 years ago. I also hope to start a 1st year course on Biblical Hebrew soon. I'm a lay Christian who likes to learn. I'd like to be able to read most of the NT (and some LXX) in the original within a few years.
Kind Regards,
Brian Phillips
Jason Hare

Re: Intro: Brian Phillips

Post by Jason Hare »

lambano wrote: August 17th, 2023, 2:55 pm I am going through a refresher course of Basics of Biblical Greek, William Mounce. I first went through this course about 25 years ago. I also hope to start a 1st year course on Biblical Hebrew soon. I'm a lay Christian who likes to learn. I'd like to be able to read most of the NT (and some LXX) in the original within a few years.
Brian Phillips from Ozark Christian College? What are the chances of me having someone else here that I know from 25 years ago??
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Brian Phillips

Post by Brian Phillips »

Jason Hare wrote: August 18th, 2023, 3:27 am
lambano wrote: August 17th, 2023, 2:55 pm I am going through a refresher course of Basics of Biblical Greek, William Mounce. I first went through this course about 25 years ago. I also hope to start a 1st year course on Biblical Hebrew soon. I'm a lay Christian who likes to learn. I'd like to be able to read most of the NT (and some LXX) in the original within a few years.
Brian Phillips from Ozark Christian College? What are the chances of me having someone else here that I know from 25 years ago??
Well, there are so many BPs in the world. I think only those named Steve Smith have it worse. I was never at Ozark Christian College -- sorry!
Kind Regards,
Brian Phillips
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

lambano wrote: August 18th, 2023, 3:52 am Well, there are so many BPs in the world. I think only those named Steve Smith have it worse. I was never at Ozark Christian College -- sorry!
Ah, gotcha! Brian was our resident advisor when I was there for three years. A really great guy. Thought maybe our paths had crossed again so many years later. Welcome to B-Greek! By the way, my real passion is Hebrew. I’d be glad to offer you pointers and help! Have you heard of B-Hebrew?
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Brian Phillips

Post by Brian Phillips »

Jason Hare wrote: August 18th, 2023, 4:42 am
lambano wrote: August 18th, 2023, 3:52 am Well, there are so many BPs in the world. I think only those named Steve Smith have it worse. I was never at Ozark Christian College -- sorry!
Ah, gotcha! Brian was our resident advisor when I was there for three years. A really great guy. Thought maybe our paths had crossed again so many years later. Welcome to B-Greek! By the way, my real passion is Hebrew. I’d be glad to offer you pointers and help! Have you heard of B-Hebrew?
Great to hear a fellow Brian Phillips is a great guy—I find that generally to be the case! :-)

Thanks for the tip on B-Hebrew. I'll definitely set up an account there. For now, I'm waiting to get settled into the Greek study with a small group and for some life activities to get wrapped up before I start Hebrew. I'm looking forward to it though. Hebrew has always intimidated me.
Kind Regards,
Brian Phillips
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Brian Phillips wrote: August 18th, 2023, 5:27 am Hebrew has always intimidated me.
Aleph with Beth is your friend.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... BjWAOWf0Rt
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”